Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Honeymoon over

I am sure the Adams faithful will all say a blip but as I said when appointed It is totally unfair to expect a youth manager to come in and get promotion in a season.

Delia et al appointed him letting the heart rule the head believing that someone could just get us up again with bags of enthusiasm loyalty hard work and belief. Sorry this league is way tougher than that and there is a real possibility we are letting our real chance to bounce back go!

After Ryan Bennett injury we have an average defence at best who too often do not do the basics right and yet Bassong is allowed to leave and slots straight into a team above us in the league! I do not know if Adams is having a laugh

The team in my opinion is over coached a classic sign being this passing endlessly across the field trying to pretend they are at International level. And that is the crux of the problem too many players who think they are better than this league combined with no real leader on the pitch to sort mess out for Adams.

It is going to be long season and doubt Adams will be here New Year.

In the defense of Whittaker, Martin, Olsson and Tettey they are all international regulars for their country so probably all have the right "to pretend they are at International level."I can only assume when they gave him the job based on a track record of 1 draw and 4 defeats they were expecting some periods of the season to be a struggle. I wouldn''t have chosen him over a manager with more experience myself but now he''s here and spent the summer buying and selling players to form a squad it would be detrimental to remove him before the end of the season and unsettle things again.I think we''ll get back on a run of form again soon enough and it''s a steep learning curve for him. I''m hoping tonight he''s learned his lesson about the necessity to slow the game down and tighten the defense when you go a goal up in a close match. I don''t think an experienced manager would have still brought Hooper on when we went 1-0 up, he needed to change to O''Neil or Odjida at that point.

It feels like we tried sprinting a marathon. And now everyone has caught up with some overtaking us. Feel like its going to get worse before it gets better

The combinations upfront and on the left aren''t working/need fixing.

But at the moment it doesn''t look like NA really knows what to do about them.

[quote user="CJ"]I am sure the Adams faithful will all say a blip but as I said when appointed It is totally unfair to expect a youth manager to come in and get promotion in a season. Delia et al appointed him letting the heart rule the head believing that someone could just get us up again with bags of enthusiasm loyalty hard work and belief. [/quote]

I am firmly in the Adam''s camp but this is a sticking point for me. Peter Grant, Bryan Gunn,  Neil Adams.... the board took the gamble once, didnt work.. tried again and got it wrong.... could they really honestly make the same mistake a 3rd time?

If they can''t learn their lesson then the club really wont progress.... some people say Lambert was disliked... perhaps thats what it takes after Nice Guy Hughton and all of Delia''s Friends she has given the job to in the past?

It will work out for Adams and we will go back up, however if he does get sacked for any reason who next? Darren Huckerby? Iwan Roberts? Mark Bowen?

Its looking awkward at the moment with no real clear indication that the manager knows what the best back 4 is,  what the formation should be and what the best strike partnership is.    How strong are our CB signing is our defensive salvation is Ryan Bennett coming back and ahead of the new players????

Stick to 4231(means that we have pace and power going forward, wont get out numbered in midfield as against Leeds and means three routes of creativity through the middle and both flanks)  and rotate.   Essentially move the ball forward faster.   

Build around a core of Ruddy, Turner, Tettey and Redmond.    Plan be to sacrifice a full back and add a striker in a plan b is needed.

Against Weds pick the team below and do not push the full backs forward as frequently or aggressively - its leaving us very vulnerable to the counter attack.   Make our defenders defend and keep a far better shape and structure the last two games.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Iggy  Garrido

Tettey  Howson

Redmond VOO  Lafferty

Jerome

Subs

Rudd,  Olsson, Whittaker, O''Neill Murphy, Grabban, Hooper 

The Leeds performance was very disjointed and the managers post match comments of the team were excellent were deluded. We could and should have won the game but there were many misplaced passes and we did not work the goalkeeper enough. We do seem to have been found out and getting worse with a squad which should be more than good enough to get promotion. Is it inexperience or is Adams out of his depth or both. Yes the honeymoon is over and unless things improve significantly over the next 6 weeks it could be divorce by christmas