Sign in to follow this  
pete

Bassong comments

Sometimes you need to move a player at any cost, pour encourager les autres.

The equation is what you gain (or don''t lose) minus what anybody else gains at your expense.

The player well be unfit and / or not able to play, so value increases in a way it wouldn''t otherwise. A player who is ostracised leaves the selling club in a weak position.

A high value player has limited options as the receiving club needs to want the player, be prepared to play them into fitness and form, plus also bring able to afford the player.

These are a huge number of factors and thus done compromise is necessary.

Removing poison is the first requirement of recovery medicine.

Parma

[quote user="City1st"]Why the silly accusation about "lying to us" ?The club hasn''t lied to you or anyone else.We don''t know the terms of the loan, or whether it is after all a sale in all but nameWatford may have requested that all terms remain confidential, they may have provisionally agreed a sale conditional to how well Bassong fares - so why not accept that we don''t know rather than over exciting yourself and squeaking out the rubbish that you posted

[/quote]I clearly started my post with the clause "if". As in "if" they''ve sold a player but decided to tell us that he''s on loan then they''re lying unnecessarily.Of course the last thing I''d want to do is excite myself, why else would I have renewed my season ticket again?

err, no you didn''twhat you said was "If the club thinks the way to keep

fans loyal is by being secretive and lying to us"
which was based on your speculation alone.In fact your opening sentence was an accusation of dishonesty.Has it not occured to you that as far as Adams was concerned Bbassong was still a City player when he made that statement.That things do happen and change in 24 hours.That Bassongs move might be conditional, and at this stage is a loan, and will continure to be until Watford acquire his registration. Why wouldn''t they just be honest about it though? If they told us they''d

done a deal to sell him in January I''d be happier than hearing Adams

say the door is open for one of my favourite players to rejoin the team

only to see it slammed in his face 24 hours later and him shipped out to

a promotion contender.As far as I''m aware there is no illegality in agreeing a forward sale of

a player on the understanding that the sale cannot be completed until

the transfer window reopens.If the club thinks the way to keep

fans loyal is by being secretive and lying to us then they''re as stupid

as Neil Adams looks as he stubbornly declares other teams haven''t

"figured us out" whilst furrowing his brow in a vain attempt to

understand what''s going on.

That''s all very well Parma but once again its not the point. The point is dont send him to Watford. I simply refuse to believe we could not have found another club somewhere in the world to take him in loan if we were that desperate to get shot ( inn which case we probably would have agreed to split his wages etc.)

A loan/sale to anyone in world football save for probably half a dozen teams in and around us at the top of the champ would have been ok.

Another question I would be keen to know the answer to is how much Watford are paying us for this loan and how much of his wages they are paying or are we actually still paying out best CB to play for a rival to our detriment.

Had to leave

Example set

Discipline established

Expensive wages

Unfit

Out of form

Resale value low and dropping

Has to go to club he will accept

Has to be club that will want him

Watford not obvious challengers

Some conflation of cause and effect here.

Parma

Parma - In my opinion BIG MISTAKE regardless of any of the above and Watford have been obvious challengers from the outset of the season to anyone with a modicum of knowledge about this division and the teams in it.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Our opinions obviously differ on it.

3 points Parma:

He played the whole of the Sheff Wed match and 83 minutes of the Forest match so fitness doesn''t seem to be an issue;

Watford may not have been obvious contenders at the start of the season but, at the time the loan was agreed, they were level on points with us;

We don''t know how much of his wages, if any, Watford are paying.