Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

if gary goes

Looking at the tweets now - I think the whole thing is a wind up! If it is, it shows great spirit and p*ss taking and great banter! Sign of  good team morale!

Of course we''d miss Hooper if he left without being replaced, but the point is that he is far from being irreplaceable. Meanwhile, Jerome is far better than some will give him credit for.

if we were to sell hooper and becchio then we''d need to find a striker for less money than we received for them to score the same amount of goals they would''ve done. No they''re not irreplaceable, but it will be hard to sign a goalscorer with that amount of money we''re likely to get if he did go. And Jerome isn''t a goalscorer, he never really has been, he''s like laffs; a great team player who works hard.

Why for less money than we received for them mrs miggins? We bought Becchio at a premium and didn''t use him, so his value is very low. an we already have about £16M in the transfer kitty following sales, even after our latest £4m acquisition! Financially we are still good, we just need to buy wisely if we sell tomorrorw, and then we''ll be football good too!IF we hold it together, we definitely have a stronger squad than the last time we got promoted!

If we were to sell Hooper for £7m, I doubt we''d pay more than that for another striker. Everytime we''ve sold a player we''ve replaced him with a cheaper player, it''s part of being relegated unfortunately. although i see what you are saying - its an assumption

[quote user="mrs miggins"]if we were to sell hooper and becchio then we''d need to find a striker for less money than we received for them to score the same amount of goals they would''ve done. No they''re not irreplaceable, but it will be hard to sign a goalscorer with that amount of money we''re likely to get if he did go. And Jerome isn''t a goalscorer, he never really has been, he''s like laffs; a great team player who works hard.[/quote]

He had 1 season in the championship that is on par with Hooper''s ONE SEASON. Proven goalscorer at this level, if Hooper is one...

Well....IF Hooper goes, which is undoublty will want himself, it will be for more than the 5 mill quoted in the media.

More like 7-8 mill. McNasty will not be held ransom anyway.

And, knowing the likelihood of Becchio and Surman leaving as well, I am pretty sure Adams and co has got a forward lined up.

Most likely outgoings:

Hooper, Surman, Becchio, Redmond

Most likely incomings:

Miquel, A.N.Other rightback/centreback, .A.N.Other forward, Another winger.

I''m pretty reassured by those tweets. I don''t think they''d be doing it if he was off and it seems to suggest good team spirit of which Hooper is part.

grefstad wrote the following post at 01/09/2014 1:48 PM:

Well....IF Hooper goes, which is undoublty will want himself, it will be for more than the 5 mill quoted in the media.

More like 7-8 mill. McNasty will not be held ransom anyway.

And, knowing the likelihood of Becchio and Surman leaving as well, I am pretty sure Adams and co has got a forward lined up.

Most likely outgoings:

Hooper, Surman, Becchio, Redmond

Most likely incomings:

Miquel, A.N.Other rightback/centreback, .A.N.Other forward, Another winger.

You must be in total dreamland if you think we will sign all those players!