Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Our Rivals

Sorry being here in Florida not always familiar with players in the "Lower" Leagues but did Forest or Watford do anything in this transfer window? Great to see the work Adams has done so far...

Looking at the local paper here, Forest didn''t bring in anyone yesterday, basically the feeling is they''d done a pretty good job at putting their squad together earlier in the window so weren''t looking for anyone else.

Key signing are Assombalonga at £5m who''s scoring freely and Fryatt on a free plus Antonio is highly rated.

Also I didn''t realise they''ve sold their goalkeeper (Darlow) plus Lascelles to Newcastle but both on deals where they are loaned back for the season.   Darlow looked top quality in the highlights of their 1-0 win at Sheff Wednesday at the weekend, when Wed had loads of chances but weren''t able to get an equalizer.  A bit of a gamble to get promotion this season, you''d have thought.

My feeling is their first team is quality but they are a bit lacking in depth.  Be interesting to see how they do after Christmas.

Both of them have had a much easier first 5 games than us this year imo. From what I''ve seen of them they don''t look as good as us at our best (We''ve still got likely starters Hooper, VOO, Howson and Ollson to come back as yet)

I think Wolveswill be our main competition for the autos this year. Forest and Derby may be up there if they stay consistent but neither team looks especially strong and I see nothing in Watford or their new manager to see why they should be challenging right at the top

For me, Forest, derby, Cardiff and Watford will be our main challengers. But on paper we have the best squad, no doubt.

What Pabs said.It''s too early to really make a statement on Wolves. They had the best result against us because it was their first game. Making any sort of promotion shot for them will mean having a squad all willing to fight and deep enough in quality and experience. I''d say give them another 6-10 games before deciding if you think they have the legs for it.Derby were unlucky not to last season, and will be more than up for it this season. They have a good squad for this level. Forest have a very capable squad as well, and if Pearce will do anything, it will get their motivation 100% spot on. Cardiff have made what look like some decent signings. Again, I''ll reserve judgement on them until we are further in. Not overly convinced at this point - not for the auto''s anyway. Watford will be a bit like Wolves if you ask me. Have they got the legs to attack the top two positions all season?Ofcourse a lot of those questions could be leveled at us too.Also don''t rule out other teams staking a claim as well. Middlesborough have made some decent signings. Brighton did well last season - and Blackburn are half decent too.

Agreed Chicken.

There are a few teams that on their day can beat any other, but have they got the quality and depth required to do it over a long season? I seriously doubt it. For me, the main challengers would be Forest and Derby for autos (along with us), but there are a few teams more than capable that can put a plausible case for a top 6 finish.