Sign in to follow this  
Buh

No point in the cup for a team like us.

Too big to be the plucky little underdog

Too small to be the big team that takes it seriously

We can''t commit our best players to it because the league matters the most and fixtures are thick and fast in the championship.

So why worry when we go out? A day out at wembley would be nice but we aren''t doin anything different from any teams around us in a similar situation.

Wish we''d drop the post cup knockout hissy fit that we get every year.

Of course, followed by the baffling stupidity that is "if we''d have beaten Shrewsbury we''d be playing "x"(shrewsburys drawn opponent) next..." Forgoing all logic and rules of the universe

Liverpool changed their team, with players who haven''t played together in such an environment, and came within a whisker of going out, losing at home to a lower ranked team.

Sheeeite happens sometimes.

I wouldn''t say there was no point,as I felt enough of that team, would, at times, be deemed good enough to slot into out League team, and do a very good job.

Shrewsbury deserved their win, we weren''t good enough. Lets move on to Blackpool

OK, so the club and some supporters don''t care about the cup. Some other supporters do care. They''re frustrated and expressing it.

I suppose i''m saying the game doesn''t always have to be about logic. Otherwise we''d all be posting on competitive chess forums ;-)

[quote user="Buh"]Too big to be the plucky little underdog

Too small to be the big team that takes it seriously

We can''t commit our best players to it because the league matters the most and fixtures are thick and fast in the championship.

So why worry when we go out? A day out at wembley would be nice but we aren''t doin anything different from any teams around us in a similar situation.

Wish we''d drop the post cup knockout hissy fit that we get every year.

Of course, followed by the baffling stupidity that is "if we''d have beaten Shrewsbury we''d be playing "x"(shrewsburys drawn opponent) next..." Forgoing all logic and rules of the universe[/quote]

I think i might print this on a poster and parade it around the streets of Norwich, it''s that accurate. Thank you. I''d rather beat Blackpool 4-0 on Saturday than get beat by Man City in the quarter finals

I think it''s a shame that we were knocked out as we can then see what the likes of mcgrandles, Loza, Ofoe etc as well as giving games to players coming back to full fitness such as Hooper and Howson (who sounded like he played well). Although it''s not that important that we''re out of the cup, it does give fringe players the opportunity to give the manager a better idea how, where and if to play them, for example if Hooper bags a hat-rick then he''d be in the next league game, on the other hand Lafferty has also proven that he''s a bit of a hot head. The side that Neil put out should''ve beaten Shrewsbury, it''s just a shame they didn''t - nothing more, nothing less. It''s certainly not a good thing that we''re out considering our squad size.

You might as well say the same about the Premiership.

Why does anyone take it seriously when you can count on the fingers of one hand the teams that have any chance of winning it?

We''re not one of them so why are you so desperate to get back there instead of playing in a competition that has some integrity and is an actual competition rather than reality TV fodder.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]You might as well say the same about the Premiership.

Why does anyone take it seriously when you can count on the fingers of one hand the teams that have any chance of winning it?

We''re not one of them so why are you so desperate to get back there instead of playing in a competition that has some integrity and is an actual competition rather than reality TV fodder.[/quote]Its not so much "being in the Premiership" more so "not being in it".Clubs in the Championship die a slow lingering death financially, without external investment, which we have pretty much demonstrated that we are unable to attract.

In a way you are right. In a way I dread a return to the prem as it turns some of our fans into weird little sun dream time FIFA 15 idiots. It has this horrible poisonous effect on a fanbase. I just want to go and have a go with a re-United Norwich under Adams. Then again when I''m in the prem I don''t believe we can win it I just want us to do as well as we can against the best. You live for those days when we beat the very best which is awesome. In these cups some fans genuinely believe we should be getting to wembley every year and we have the annual post cup knockout depression from them.

Adams had no choice but to play the second string. He did and he did it in good faith with a team that should have beaten shrewsbury but we didn''t. That''s football. We should have beaten Birmingham on Saturday but we didn''t. League football is the let engaging football format. Cups are a flash in the pan one off.