Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The pro Worthy poll

Just to add ''balance'' here on these boards.

Are you, like me, pro Worthy?.

Lets shove it up these anti Worthy mob, by just saying Yes, I''m pro Worthy and proud, Let the club and Nigel know that we still back him.....all the way!.

Wiz...  For so long you have gone on about how Worthington is useless and that we need to bring in a new manager blah blah blah. Now once many of us are saying that he''s taken us as far as he can and in a way agreeing with what you''ve said before... you go and change your tune completely. I can understand slight changes in opinion but to do a complete U-turn after apparently feeling so strongly about something is very strange. So why not tell us what your thoughts are about Worthington. Be completely honest with us why you have changed your opinion so drastically.

Just to make sure... I''m not having a pop at you Wiz, I would never dream of it and of course you have the right to alter you opinion of things. I was just so amazed that you had changed so dramatically

I''m pro ,but what happened to Dario Gradi wiz?Verily thy balls swing in everly changing breezes,forsooth us mere mortals are having a hard job keeping up!!

I was thinking exactly the same Rasputin. 1st Wizard has repeatedly courted disfavour by calling for Worthy to go, got upset when people disagreed and left the Board, returned as a pirate, left again etc.

I would understand if we had won 4 out of 4 so far, and signed wayne rooney, but with a distinctly lacklustre start I am thinking that he has become a victim of identity theft.

[quote]Wiz... For so long you have gone on about how Worthington is useless and that we need to bring in a new manager blah blah blah. Now once many of us are saying that he''s taken us as far as he can and ...[/quote]

Rasputin: You and the other posters deserve an explanation, so I''ll try.

For some time now, last season included, I have tried to study Worthy, and a lot of the time I''ve been really proud of the bloke. In public he''s dignified and has never let us down, he also rarely moans at refs, or bemoans City''s bad luck, that impresses me.

Now you might, and I know I have, questioned his tactical insight in the past, but a lot of the time, its the players who let him down!. And I''m determined to give him at least until Christmas to sort it out, and not four bloody games like some have.

I''ve also been very impressed with his stand on Ashton, that has to be applauded, yes?.

And at the end of the day, just like many women do, I''ve simply changed my mind, as simple as that really!. To see the garbage and utter tripe on the boards today, makes me weep.

At least when I was moaning, I did have some style!. 

In the past, its true I''ve played devils advocate, but no more, now I''m just a City fan backing the manager, and as we seem to be getting a lot of visitors on these boards nowadays, I believe we must present a united front to them, and to our shame we''re not in my opinion.

Maybe I should try a new name change to fit my new position.........The new 1st wizard maybe?.

Wow, I never thought I''d hear myself say this, but I agree within the Wiz 100%!

"Maybe I should try a new name change to fit my new position.........The new 1st wizard maybe?."

How about "The 2nd Class supporter"

I dont understand why there is so much criticism all of a sudden. We have the same problems as we have had for years, but now after a couple of games where the PLAYERS have let us down many people are all of a sudden advocating his departure.

And as people have said, there arent many people I can think of who I would rather have, and who would be willing to come. (Dario G? Dream on, wouldnt ever leave his secure, lowlight position at crewe to come to a bigger club. Would be nice though!)

The real reason for the criticism is that expectations are higher than they''ve ever been this season. If these expectations aren''t being met, then understandably, people will try and analyse why it''s not happening. The whole thing then snowballs, and before you know it, 4 games into the season people are calling for Worthy''s head.

Of course, unrest within the fans definitely affects the players and the managerial staff, making things even worse, but the lack of realism shown by some people on here is pretty astounding. Just because we''ve had a season of Premiership experience does not suddenly mean we''ll be beating every Championship team 3-0. It is a long, tough league, and our players need time to adapt and gel, and more importantly, to retrieve their self-belief and confidence.

I predict that when our first win comes, many more will follow! Let''s just hope it''s tonight!