Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Andy Hughes

Bearing in mind the pasting he''s taken on this board from some people, didn''t anyone see our goal against Palace? Great strength and a great cross giving Deano a great chance to finish! If he starts doing that regularly, then I think he''ll be well worth the £500k we paid for him.

Shame he''s injured now really, I would like to see if his ball retention, which hasn''t been great, improves once he''s settled in fully.

Comments?

agreed - that cross was inch perfect and it could have been fluke but i dont think so - i think andy hughes will surprise alot of people this year....heres to hoping so anyway!! i dont think hes played that badly either altho ive only been able to listen to canariesworld as i live near wales!!

Apart from that cross he''s been pretty bad, just looks like Holt but without the ability to break up the play and stay on his feet

Hughes has been mostly awful. That cross which led to Ashton''s goal only highlights how dreadful he has been the rest of the time. He is a very average Football League footballer, and signing such a player only serves to make Norwich City an average Football League side.

[quote]Hughes has been mostly awful. That cross which led to Ashton''s goal only highlights how dreadful he has been the rest of the time. He is a very average Football League footballer, and signing such a p...[/quote]

This is a man who speaks a lot of sense.

Very harsh Pete. But we are all entitled to our opinions.

However I went to the Forest match on Saturday as I was at a wedding in that neck of the woods. I have to admit old Holty started the game pretty well, and for a moment I was eating humble pie.

However true to form, after the first 30mins or so, he failed to do, well anything really. Same old Holt giving the ball away and not doing much but run around like a headless chicken. A 32 year old headless chicken I hasten to add.

Hughes will come good. You just watch. It''s Jarret (backwards ball boy) I''m worried about. Who does he think we are - Chelsea. haha.

I live in Reading , seen them play enough times to confirm that Hughes is rubbish and that the Reading supporters couldn''t believe we wanted him , let alone pay 500k !! Sorry , but yet another Worthington waste of money . We are a very average team who are where we deserve to be - let''s not delude ourselves any longer.