Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

End of the coming season - two scenarios

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]So we all want City promoted again (I assume) and this is more likely

if we start well, continue well and finish well. Anything else means

that action is needed and that is not a good thing. Am I missing

something? [/quote]

Imo yes.  But then that opinion only seems to produce a negative reaction.   Yes, we all want us to start well and carry on in that vein all season. If we don''t - and past players will say it is not always easy to adjust to relegation straight away  - then action will not be necessary as long as over the course of the season we improve.   It seems to be treasonous in some people''s view to suggest we may struggle at first - but there are plenty of teams who will try and make it difficult for us.   Yes, lets win and do well from the start of the season - but if we don''t - then all is not lost as the season is long and things can change quite quickly.

[quote user="hogesar"]The problem for me LDC is this seems like creating a thread for the sake of creating a thread - the content is pointless.

Trying to answer seriously, the reality is there are so many different scenarios that picking out 2 is ludicrous. [/quote]

Yes, you may be right.  But it was only a scenario to suggest that the season is a long one and the business end of the season - the last few weeks - is when we need to be strongest.  There are some on this board suggesting that unless we start well, they will be calling for Adam''s head very quickly. I find that ludicrous.  

[quote user="lappinitup"]http://www.ronaldturnbull.co.uk/books/ramblakes/ramble.jpg

Ramble on Lakey! [:D][/quote]

Very apt, I''m sure, but City 1st thinks I live in Poringland..............wouldn''t want to upset him  now, would we.........

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Another scenario: the failure to appoint an experienced manager leads to the loss of our best players, Snodgrass and Hooper, during the transfer window who otherwise would have stayed due to the influence of the alternate manager and the fact that promotion was perceived to be a realistic possibility; we bumble along mid-table and eventually finish 13th. It is argued by many on this board that being competitive in the Championship is all we should aspire to. Our remaining top players leave in the close season in a year''s time. The management team is replaced and the club choose an experienced Championship manager. The money is all gone.[/quote]

Careful, Highland. You''ll have the happy clappers like LDC, Nige, TC/Morty (or whatever he''s calling himself this week) down on you like a ton of bricks for ''talking the club down, ''being miserable/negative'', or some such drivel.

I''d like to think that the scenario you allude to will not happen. Frankly, I don''t think it will, but it''s certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

Which is yet another illustration of how ridiculous it was of Lake to start this thread with only 2 possible outcomes on offer.
[/quote]

No matter what you think of your ''usual suspects'', they wouldn''t be wrong in this case.

Come Herman, I try to avoid debates about personalities. It is valid to at least have a debate about the errors of the board last season and the view that an experienced manager would have been in a better position to: (i) retain our existing key players (ii) attract quality new players and (iii) have the managerial experience and tactical nous to guide us back to the PL. I don''t view this position as controversial, lacking positivity or, indeed, a minority opinion.

You obviously haven''t had the pleasure of reading HC''s uber-negative writing. He is the ying to LDC''s yang.

Quite happy to be called a happy clapper on here. Pretty much sums me up considering how much i enjoy life and being a City fan. Reggie probably enjoys being called Victor Meldrew for the same reasons.

[quote user="Herman "]You obviously haven''t had the pleasure of reading HC''s uber-negative writing. He is the ying to LDC''s yang.[/quote]

P''tang, Yang, Kipperbang...uh   Gets the girl in the end [:)]There''s positive for you....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]You obviously haven''t had the pleasure of reading HC''s uber-negative writing. He is the ying to LDC''s yang.[/quote]

P''tang, Yang, Kipperbang...uh   Gets the girl in the end [:)]There''s positive for you....[/quote]http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/LakesComedyFestival.bmp

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]You obviously haven''t had the pleasure of reading HC''s uber-negative writing. He is the ying to LDC''s yang.[/quote]P''tang, Yang, Kipperbang...uh   Gets the girl in the end [:)]There''s positive for you....[/quote]http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/LakesComedyFestival.bmp[/quote]

All publicity is good publicity................