Sign in to follow this  
Cent

Hooper

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Looks like hooper is staying then. Good news, no transfer request.

(interview with neyul below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKQ_gaO094[/quote]

Read between the lines - Adams spoke to Hooper two days ago. Hooper speculation starts yesterday. Someone''s agent has been busy.

Very rare for player to hand in transfer request these days and they don''t really need to.

Think he''ll go, but for a decent price.[/quote]Well, the agent is going to want to precipitate a move whatever, as he''ll make money out of it. Whether we want to keep him or not, or whether or not Hooper is happy to stay on, the agent''ll want to drum up something tempting. Bottom line though is he won''t go anywhere unless the club feels it is in his interests and it simply isn''t. In the Championship we will not attract the calibre of players that we could attract last year, so we hang on to them.

"Gary Hooper has been told he has a key role to play in returning Norwich City to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Speculation in the last 24 hours suggested Hooper had asked to leave

Norwich following their top-flight relegation with Aston Villa and newly

promoted Queens Park Rangers said to be interested. It was a list added

to by Crystal Palace on Tuesday.

However,

City boss Neil Adams has made it clear to the 26-year-old striker he

has a big role to play at Carrow Road next season after a disappointing

first year at the club.

“There’s

been no transfer request from Gary Hooper,” confirmed Adams. “I spoke

to him two days ago and told him he’s one of the players we need to

keep. He can score goals, Gary Hooper can. He will be a big part of the

squad, along with many, many others.

“So

I understand – there’s bound to be this sort of speculation and rumour,

and somebody can make a throwaway comment that suddenly becomes

national news.

“But Gary Hooper

has not handed in a transfer request and I’ve told him I need him here

to hopefully be part of pushing this team back into the Premier League,

and he was happy with that.”

Hooper scored eight times in 33 appearances and has two years left on the deal he signed for his £5.5m move from Celtic.

Adams vowed there will be “no stone unturned” in their search for new players as they aim to take the Championship by storm.

“There

are no secrets – we aim to try to get back at the first attempt, and by

doing that we’ve got to score goals and win games,” he added.

“I’ve

looked at Leicester and Burnley, and I’ve analysed what they did last

year, the amount of goals they scored and points they collected, and we

have got to get back to doing that.”

[quote user="lappinitup"]"Gary Hooper has been told he has a key role to play in returning Norwich City to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Speculation in the last 24 hours suggested Hooper had asked to leave Norwich following their top-flight relegation with Aston Villa and newly promoted Queens Park Rangers said to be interested. It was a list added to by Crystal Palace on Tuesday.

However, City boss Neil Adams has made it clear to the 26-year-old striker he has a big role to play at Carrow Road next season after a disappointing first year at the club.

“There’s been no transfer request from Gary Hooper,” confirmed Adams. “I spoke to him two days ago and told him he’s one of the players we need to keep. He can score goals, Gary Hooper can. He will be a big part of the squad, along with many, many others.

“So I understand – there’s bound to be this sort of speculation and rumour, and somebody can make a throwaway comment that suddenly becomes national news.

“But Gary Hooper has not handed in a transfer request and I’ve told him I need him here to hopefully be part of pushing this team back into the Premier League, and he was happy with that.”

Hooper scored eight times in 33 appearances and has two years left on the deal he signed for his £5.5m move from Celtic.

Adams vowed there will be “no stone unturned” in their search for new players as they aim to take the Championship by storm.

“There are no secrets – we aim to try to get back at the first attempt, and by doing that we’ve got to score goals and win games,” he added.

“I’ve looked at Leicester and Burnley, and I’ve analysed what they did last year, the amount of goals they scored and points they collected, and we have got to get back to doing that.”

[/quote]

Brilliant news if true.

I think everybody at the club should stop saying stupid things about scouring Europe and leaving no stone unturned etc, all a load of old s#*t

Actions speak louder than words,I think I''ll wait and see who comes in and who goes before I get excited about anything coming from the club at this moment