Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Adams offered job full time.

Young English manager taking one of the smaller clubs in the Championship to a very respectable finish after getting promoted the season before. If he''s done it playing well then what isn''t to like?Not really feeling a lot of the names that have been banded around for the last 6 months.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]What sort of football have Bournemouth been playing this season? If it''s been decent then Eddie Howe would probably be my choice.

[/quote]
That''s a really random thing to say?
"I''ve not watched any of his team''s games this season, but if they''re playing alright then I''ll have him as my first choice".
Just sounds odd. What exactly is it about Howe that you like? He''s been decent for Bournemouth, but he was an abject failure at Burnley.
[/quote]And leaving Burnley because he was "homesick"... hardly a reliable bet for success away from the south coast.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Did take Danny Ings to Burnley tho, so did something decent for them.[/quote]Hughton brought in Olsson and Tettey.  Whoop-a-dee-doo.

No one seems to come up with any names of managers who would be "acceptable" to our supporters. Every name that is mentioned is blown out of the water, so come on ..who do you want

Malky would be the ideal choice.

1) knows the Norwich board. He wouldn''t choose Fulham and their foreign manager after his last experience would he?

2) will have the support of the ncfc crowd from day 1.

3) knows the championship having been in it all bar this season. That includes knowing what it takes to get promoted (once as manager, 3 times as a player) and the type of players also.

4) he would surely accept Adams as a coach within his team. I remember when ncfc played Watford in Apr 2011, Adams was having a laugh with Mackay about his bald patch, having viewed it from the radio gantry behind the dugout! They must both be friends, so cannot see any problems having NA within his coaching team.

So many boxes ticked. This surely would be the right decision?

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]No one seems to come up with any names of managers who would be "acceptable" to our supporters. Every name that is mentioned is blown out of the water, so come on ..who do you want[/quote]Eddie Howe, Howard Wilkinson, Robbie Savage, Alan Shearer, Brian Clough.

With Liverpool and Chelsea he''s proven he can set a gameplan, execute it and if need be change that plan to adapt in a game. A group of players of his own, ditch the chaff that don''t want to be there, and some youth prospects that will go all day for him and I think we''ve got a shot.

Better than the list of the same old remedials that will come round. Neil Warnock anyone? He''d shout at our players in Northern like, that''s good, right?

Hmmm - only problem with Liverpool was that the gameplan seemed to be to let them get 2-0 in front! People may have missed it, but we did also lose at Fulham playing too open when it would have been a good idea to keep it tight.

Are we sure Adams has what it takes to do the wheeler dealing required in id''ing players etc? It will certainly be in at the deep end - I would much rather we had someone who has been there before.

We seem to want to give our youth players a chance, but when it comes to a home grown manager we can''t do it because it''s apparently ''tinpot''. We can''t insist on an outside appointment using our own coaches like at West Brom because nobody would come here and we''d be left all on our own.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Fuck u bor, i was only makin a point, i wasnt sayin i wanted him u ( unt[/quote]I hope you don''t kiss your mother with that mouth.Leaves more space for me.