Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

What is a plastic

The words plastic and norwich can never be used in the same sentence. It''s a glory hunting thing where you follow a club ie Chelsea, United, City, but have no connection there. If you follow Norwich wherever you are in the world or however many games you can attend you certainly can''t be called '' plastic'' where is the glory?

[quote user="Barnaby Bear"]Being born and living your entire life within the Ring Road and having possessed a season ticket in excess of twenty years is the bare minimum for real fan status. Norwich City, a LOCAL club for LOCAL people![/quote]

What a stupid narrow minded idiotic thing to put in print. Do people really and truly think in this parochial fashion in this day and age?

I sense Mr. BB is having a tease because no normal person could possibly think along those lines.

The ultimate irony is that the players these people support are also plastics too because non are local, some coming from as far afield as Africa .... wherever that might be.

What could be the next step in their thinking then? A team made up of all local boys .... playing in the Ryman no doubt. A Club sinking so much into it''s self it disappears up it''s own backside.

I seem to remember  a few years ago there was a newspaper article listing the estimated Worldwide support of English teams. Norwich came surprisingly high and this seemed to me as a matter of pride, not scorn.

If I find it in the annals of my PC, I''ll publish it.

A participating Premier league club is known and supported Worldwide these days. That is good for Norwich surely.

Isn''t there some Malaysian island where all the inhabitants are Canary supporters to a man? Something to do with the Proton connection and the car factory being the islanders main industry.

Malaysian plastics? What next!

Having said that, they worship Prince Philip as a deity and crocodile stew is their national dish so they do seem a bit screwed.[;)]

Appropo the above.

Yet to find anything to do with Worldwide support or even Malaysian support, but this is good stuff from Hong Kong and surely makes the more parochial amongst us look more than a bit silly.

Join our supporters group in Hong Kong

HONG Kong Canaries has around 20 members who watch the Canaries on the TV in Asia, and keep in contact through e-mail.

Sometimes we will go to the lounge or club to have dinner together, watch DVDs of Norwich City and discuss any matters about Norwich City.

Pictured are Hong Kong Canaries watching City''s match live on TV against QPR on October 16, 2010.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/hong-kong-canaries-233641.aspx

"Norwich City, a local club for local people." My a-se.

Well I am apparently a plastic in some peoples eyes on here because I am an ex-pat these days, regardless of my history following the club for nearly fifty years and the efforts I make even now to try and get to a game.

I work with some great plastics, here is a selection....

My boss is from Bristol......is a Manure fan and often pulls on the red shirt for a selfie
A colleague who I share an office with is from Mumbai.......and is a Real Madrid fan....has all the kit too!
Another colleague is from The Philipinnes and.......a Chelsea "fanatic"

now these are plastics.......

You do know these guys are just trolling for a reaction, don''t you?

A plastic is some one who is upset that there will be no games streamed because we are in the championship. Simples

Real fans it makes no difference we will be there home and away