Sign in to follow this  
pete

Why it has to be Adams!

[quote user="iron_stan"]neil adams will relegate norwich city football cluband im pretty sure he wont want that on his cvthis club has a history of being all rose tinted and appointing people with some form of association with the club and it almost always ends in tears[/quote]

Ahem - Dave Stringer, Mike Walker and maybe even Ken Brown?

True though that John Deehan & Gary Megson didn''t work.

Adams though does have some success on his CV with the kids and he knows the current first team players - no one from outside will have time to do anything.

We are definitely down with Hughton in charge so I can''t really see a downside in getting Adams involved.

flying high up in the sky! wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 12:04 PM:

Robson would be ahead of Adams if temp replacement was needed.

It would be unrealistic and completely unfair on Adams to appoint him. He would be way out of his depth.

I would imagine many of those advocating Adams do not even know the role Robson has at the club or, for that matter, what role Adams is currently in.

All the hype for Neil Adams is because he has been heard on the radio, managed a youth team to a cup win and used to play for the club.

Obviously the most qualified replacements would be Calderwood and Trollope but I feel they would, and should, be shown the door if, in fact, that happened to Hughton.

Mark Robson, the club''s Under 21 chief, could take the reins assisted by experienced professionals at the club, like Michael Turner. He has, after all, had some limited experience of management at Barnet and was a respected England coach.

I am amazed that there are still some blind optimists out there.

WE ARE GOING DOWN WITH HUGHTON

As we would have under Roeder, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think we gave ourselves half a chance with Gunn most of the players he inherited were loans and we actually played pretty well in some of those games. Unfortunately it wasn''t enough. The only mistake there was to reappoint for the following season (although ironically there would have been no way I would have sacked him after 1 game, that only happened due to the change of board)

Yesterdays atmosphere after the game was one of the most poisonous I can remember in 40 years and that includes Police Horses charging at fans in the days of Chase.

Togetherness is the only hope we have of staying up and the only hope of that is having someone else in charge for the remaining games, almost anyone. Adams and Huckerby would be as good a couple of names as any.

The choice of a long term replacement should wait until the dust settles in the summer.

[quote user="iron_stan"]neil adams will relegate norwich city football cluband im pretty sure he wont want that on his cvthis club has a history of being all rose tinted and appointing people with some form of association with the club and it almost always ends in tears[/quote]

If Adams were to be appointed we may well be relegated but it would most definitely not be his doing. Chris Hughton would take the blame and undoubtedly so!

My take is whoever you put in charge would be a gamble. The odds are stacked against us so i would rather a positive change than a stale situation!

Adams as caretaker!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I am amazed that there are still some blind optimists out there.  WE ARE GOING DOWN WITH HUGHTON As we would have under Roeder, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think we gave ourselves half a chance with Gunn most of the players he inherited were loans and we actually played pretty well in some of those games. Unfortunately it wasn''t enough. The only mistake there was to reappoint for the following season (although ironically there would have been no way I would have sacked him after 1 game, that only happened due to the change of board) Yesterdays atmosphere after the game was one of the most poisonous I can remember in 40 years and that includes Police Horses charging at fans in the days of Chase. [/quote]

Who is being blindly optimistic on this thread?

Roeder may have in all likelihood have kept us up, albeit with an awful squad, and extremely angry fans. Gunn was a terrible appointment and no amount of revisionism can take away from that.

Well I remember it as if it were yesterday and we will never know.

The mood was far more positive once Roeder had gone but if you honestly think he had some chance to keep us up and that the players would not have been affected by the negativity that is indeed your choice.

Ok, fair enough. The atmosphere was so poisonous that Roeder would have needed a minor miracle to turn us on an upward curve but I stand by the fact that Gunn was a terrible appointment.

I wouldn''t oppose the appointment of Adams, but I think that he will need to very good, experienced assistants and a good scouting system to help him.

The squad is likely to take some time in rebuilding, and although we have some good youngsters waiting in the wings who will do well in the Championship, - the Murphy brothers, in particular, I can''t see us bouncing back after one season.

iron_stan wrote the following post at 2014-04-06 3:02 PM:

neil adams will relegate norwich city football club

and im pretty sure he wont want that on his cv

this club has a history of being all rose tinted and appointing people with some form of association with the club and it almost always ends in tears

So you would blame Neil ADAMS for relegation if he took the reins now and we were relegated - yeah, good shout! HUGHTON HAS SUCKED THE LIFEBLOOD FROM THIS CLUB OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS and he is TOTALLY to blame for the current predicament and ANY subsequent relegation this season, along with his co-host, the totally ineffectual McNally.