Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Away fans party

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyway, how was Delia? Can''t think of any other club where the owners would care enough about the fans to put on a party like that.

[/quote]

How many parties have you been invited to Nutty and been asked to pay £6 to go ? [:D] It''s usually bring a bottle of Taddy and then drink the Stella or if a really posh do RSVP. [;)]

Pilks on his way apparently but where to, still under contract cannot believe any Premier club will pay a reasonable fee for a player becoming a sicknote. I am sure if he release him for nothing someone will take a punt.

Shame about Pilks, on his day he''s as good as anything else we have but those days have become fewer and further between. You do have to wonder who would take the punt on him, but if he can overcome his injuries he''d be a good PL player.

I''m not convinced that many players are wanted by other PL clubs upon relegation. Maybe the odd 1, but it won''t be a fire sale.

Look at QPR and Wolves. How many of their relegated players have ended up back in the Prem? Even Junior Hoilett and Bakary Sakho were rumoured to be wanted men, but are still plying their trade in the Champ and League 1 respectively.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Anyway, how was Delia? Can''t think of any other club where the owners would care enough about the fans to put on a party like that.

[/quote]

How many parties have you been invited to Nutty and been asked to pay £6 to go ? [:D] It''s usually bring a bottle of Taddy and then drink the Stella or if a really posh do RSVP. [;)]

[/quote]

Ha! You''ll have to ask Flecky but when I first used to go it was free. Then I think it was about 3 quid but you got a free drink for that. I think that was brought in because so many people didn''t turn up and the food went to waste. Used to be pie chips and an icecream not sure what it was this year. Whatever I guess it''s something the miserable can get even more miserable about[;)]

John Ruddy is very well spoken. Both him and RVW stood on their own. Ricky speaks very good English and confirmed they would be training bothSunday and Monday and expected it to both tough.

Tettey and Russ looked very down and upset. Michael Turner is also a nice guy. Hoots also was very open and friendly.

Mcnally looked unhappy and furious about yesterday.

The bangers and mash was nice. The event was well organised and it went off well considering the circumstances.

Having had the invite letter and optimistically bought a ticket thinking it would have been a good place to be if we had got a result, I just couldn''t face this event. I wonder how many others gave it a miss?

Fair play to the players and management for honouring their commitment to this ''party''.

£6 ticket included free drink and food, which was bangers and mash, with baked beans.

Can''t complain I guess, except that the free drink was either wine, fruit juice or a short. Didn''t included a beer, which was a bit annoying. Even a half would have been nice.