Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Can see the difference already....

YellowNets - Haha, I know, it''s not like we''re German and we keep bringing up Hitler.. We can talk about Lambert, he didn''t kill anyone. All he did was transform our club from near extinction to the premier league in 3 years, then leave in the hope of bettering himself and his wallet. Fair do''s in the grand scheme of things.

I''m being a little facetious - I can see why we shouldn''t compare Adams to him or judge Adams against him, yet!

[quote user="splutcho"]Interesting point JonnyH about saying it''s not a must win game, but what would we be saying if Hughton had said it wasn''t a must win game? He''d have been absolutely crucified.[/quote]Hughton would probably have said it''s not a must win too, but then stressed the importance of it and how it would make things easier if we won. It''s a subtle shift in emphasis, Adams is saying don''t worry about Fulham as we can still win against the remaining four. Hughton would (implicitly) say we need to win this as we probably won''t win any of the rest.

Mm, not sure about this statement :

“In terms of changing the line-up it is up to the players to force their way in" - Adams on squad players

It would be a fair point to make if the existing line-up had a successful track record.

[quote user="Snoots"]Mm, not sure about this statement :

“In terms of changing the line-up it is up to the players to force their way in" - Adams on squad players

It would be a fair point to make if the existing line-up had a successful track record.[/quote]

Maybe he meant all players have the chance to force themselves (via training) into his plans and onto the teamsheet. Doesn''t specify if he means forcing into Hughton''s last team, or into his own initial teamsheet.

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="Snoots"]Mm, not sure about this statement :

It would be a fair point to make if the existing line-up had a successful track record.[/quote]

Maybe he meant all players have the chance to force themselves (via training) into his plans and onto the teamsheet. Doesn''t specify if he means forcing into Hughton''s last team, or into his own initial teamsheet.[/quote]

I suppose I took existing line-up to mean existing line-up ! I agree he probably meant the complete opposite, something like "clean teamsheet, it''s up to the players to get their names on it" On a different note, the problem with the name Adams is that it is too easy for posters to spell.

[quote user="Snoots"]Mm, not sure about this statement : “In terms of changing the line-up it is up to the players to force their way in" - Adams on squad players It would be a fair point to make if the existing line-up had a successful track record.[/quote]

to me suggests that those players on the fringes have not been impressing on the training pitch, u21 games or when coming on as subs.     Says to me impress in training you will get a chance...  suggesting plenty dont try

[quote user="splutcho"]Interesting point JonnyH about saying it''s not a must win game, but what would we be saying if Hughton had said it wasn''t a must win game? He''d have been absolutely crucified.[/quote]

Of course you''re right Splutcho. But it''s a good thing. People would have highlighted the negatives from |Hughton comments. But the same people will highlight the positives from Adams. IMO this change in focus was  a big part in the thinking behind the managerial change. The whole club was in need of a lift. Victory against West Brom would have provided it and the change wouldn''t have been made. It''s a roll of the dice. But whether you think the change was right or wrong, early or late, surely the lift in the mood is a good thing.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]We all know it wont come to that Dave.♥♥[/quote]

Its not Dave btw.[:|][/quote]

It''s Rodney. [:D]