Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Is that the last we'll see of Ricky van Dogsdick?

RVW should of been dropped some moths back for his own sake.

His confidence is completely blown. His first touch is so so loose I can''t believe he has only ever been that good. I think a lot of blame has to go towards Hughton, he''s spent two years knocking round pegs into square holes. None of our strikers have done well under Hughton, not even Holt. The service has not improved much either over the season. If we had bought Bale his instruction would be never cross the halfway line.

RVW must of been better than this, no one would of signed a player on the skills displayed of late.

When first here he made decent runs but no ball ever came his way. Disappointing all-round but not all his fault. look how Kamara showed promise and was dumped into a position where he couldn''t play to his attributes.

I think Adams will play RVW.

A couple of winners in the next few games and he will be worth every penny :-)

[quote user="Jenkins"]It may begger your belief how he gets a start Jonzey, but perhaps you should reflect on the fact that both Hughton and Adams selected him for their teams, they see him in training and clearly know his capabilities.[/quote]

We can speculate all day about what they see in him in training, the fact is on match day he''s useless. I can see it, you can see it, the management can see it, the media can see it and so can everybody who''s ever seen him play on TV for us. Therefore it does actually beggar belief that he gets on the pitch at all, let alone starts.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon it was because Adams wanted the fullbacks to get forward and Johnson is the insurance. I''d play both Tettey and Johnson. I like Howson too but all I ever hear is "that''s not his true position". Unfortunately I''m not sure he has one. Except perhaps as cover for Fer. You can quote your pass success rates until you''re blue in the face it won''t alter the fact that football is a team game and those that compliment eachother make the best team.

[/quote]

Howson''s position is in the centre of midfield. Playing through the middle. Which is where Fer is also at his best.

Howson is like any other player - if he''s not playing in a role that totally suits him then he''s unlikely to play to his best. But because he''s got more to his game than someone like Johnson he is more adaptable.

Johnson is just not good enough in any area to justify playing ahead of Tettey, Howson or Fer. Doesn''t win enough tackles and doesn''t keep the ball. You say it''s a team game and players need to compliment each other so surely you must realise that the best way to do that is have as many players as possible who can pass the ball to each other and keep it with a yellow shirt.

The more Johnson is involved at this level the worse we will be for it.

[/quote]

You say he''s not good enough because you only notice what he does with the ball. The stats you quote are meaningless when we don''t have the ball. Unfortunately we don''t have the ball for over half a season. I''m sure all your stats are spot on and according to them Bradders is the worst. But what are the stats for covering others when we lose the ball?

''What would we realistically get for him? £3 million tops? He will never play in the PL again that much looks certain. Maybe he will get the goal against Arsenal that keeps up! ''........JF

And if he does exactly that, then that one goal would be worth more than his entire transfer fee, and possibly wages too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon it was because Adams wanted the fullbacks to get forward and Johnson is the insurance. I''d play both Tettey and Johnson. I like Howson too but all I ever hear is "that''s not his true position". Unfortunately I''m not sure he has one. Except perhaps as cover for Fer. You can quote your pass success rates until you''re blue in the face it won''t alter the fact that football is a team game and those that compliment eachother make the best team.

[/quote]

Howson''s position is in the centre of midfield. Playing through the middle. Which is where Fer is also at his best.

Howson is like any other player - if he''s not playing in a role that totally suits him then he''s unlikely to play to his best. But because he''s got more to his game than someone like Johnson he is more adaptable.

Johnson is just not good enough in any area to justify playing ahead of Tettey, Howson or Fer. Doesn''t win enough tackles and doesn''t keep the ball. You say it''s a team game and players need to compliment each other so surely you must realise that the best way to do that is have as many players as possible who can pass the ball to each other and keep it with a yellow shirt.

The more Johnson is involved at this level the worse we will be for it.

[/quote]

You say he''s not good enough because you only notice what he does with the ball. The stats you quote are meaningless when we don''t have the ball. Unfortunately we don''t have the ball for over half a season. I''m sure all your stats are spot on and according to them Bradders is the worst. But what are the stats for covering others when we lose the ball?

[/quote]

I notice what he does with and without the ball. And I haven''t quoted any stats in here so I''m not sure where you''re coming from with that one.

Anyway, I wouldn''t need stats to tell me the obvious. Johnson is better in the air and stronger in the tackle but gives the ball away far more than Howson (and the other midfielders). While his lack of pace and particularly his slowness on the turn makes him easy for teams to run past and play around.

I''m not saying Johnson is a hopeless footballer but we''re always reminded about how you get punished at this level and I think when you''re giving the ball away cheaply too often you''re asking to be punished. And nobody is worse for giving the ball away or getting caught in possession than Johnson.

In my opinion the one or two extra tackles he might make in a game do not make up for the times he gives the ball away and costs us good possession.