Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Feed the Gilf and he will score ;-)

He played for Spurs vs City this week, so he is hardly out in the cold, plus Spurs have been saying all day that there are no more ins or outs after Holtby. I was hoping that Mr Carrow actually had heard a whsiper about this. The real issue is that we have known for ages that midfiled neess to be strengthened and yet here we are again on another deadline day in a weak position having not done our deadlings earlier by using the closed period to scout players and get deals provsionally lined up with players agents. For example, Holtby has been telegraphing for some time that he wants to leave. We have cash (the Toivenen/Quag/Toby money that was never spent) so why hadnt we been more proactive?

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]How the hell did that guy remember me telling you about Dave Striker! Wow! I don''t post very often just read. Gilf - there was talk on the spurs website. Hope it goes through.[/quote]

Wow, just wow!

#nomorecredability

Also the OPs "watch this space" comment was clearly meant to give the impression of being ITK as opposed " I saw this on a Spurs webiste". If it is really something that you have only picked up from a Spurs website, that is poor form for me. Having said this, I would loev it this came true.

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 31/01/2014 9:30 PM:

Hopefully this isn''t the total b0ll0cks it appears to be.

It is though isn''t it.

Afraid so, we are going with what we have while all around us are strengthening.

[quote user="JF"]Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 31/01/2014 9:30 PM:

Hopefully this isn''t the total b0ll0cks it appears to be.

It is though isn''t it.

Afraid so, we are going with what we have while all around us are strengthening.[/quote]

When do the Championship fixtures come out...?

Don''t be so sure.. I doubt whether it''ll be Sigurdsson but I trust Mick Dennis (sky man, norwich fan) as I''ve followed him for years on twitter and he doesn''t bullshit. He''s just pointed out to a guy - who was accusing him of making things up, only to then apologise to Mick when Mick was proven right - that at this point in his career he doesn''t need to make things up!

Trouble is, I think he may have meant we are trying to get an AM in - in case Wes leaves.. rather than getting a great new AM, which would then allow Wes to leave. I have just put this to him, will update with his reply if he replies.

Sorry Warren but we have all we need to survive easily. Have faith in Hoots as a great manager and motivator. The club know what they are doing, so don''t worry mate, relax and enjoy the run-in

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You haven''t followed him ''for years'', he''s only been on there for a few months.[/quote]

figure of speech, I do apologise. I''ve followed him for "ages".

Yes Warren, we don''t want to poke any fun at the wise members of this board. What we need is more moaning about how terrible we are and how we''re definitely relegated, and pining for the good old days of Championship/second division (delete as applicable) mediocrity.

Or something.

Annnnnnyway...

I asked Mick: "Mick, it sounds like we''re getting a player to make up the numbers/positions if Wes goes.. rather than an a Wes/AM upgrade?"

and Mick said: "Wes has made it impossible to pick him. So we need someone else."

So take that however you like. I take it as we weren''t looking for a new AM or upgrade on Wes and were happy with him as a good little bench warmer till he got fed up and spoilt things, so now we''re looking for a last minute replacement. Just my opinion, purely based on Mick''s comments, as it was mentioned earlier that Mick was the "source" on twitter who said we''re bringing in a loan AM to let Wes leave.

Mr Brownstone - Well, if we believe what Mick is saying, then the club have been aware since after the Palace game, when he suggests Wes became aware of Villa''s first inquiry..

To continue my conversation with Mick Dennis:

I then said: "I see. So not a move we would''ve been making had he not done what he has done?"

To which he replied: "Correct. Wes was in the team v Man U & Palace before he was told 2 and 1/2 year deal on table at Villa"

So to me, this points to us getting a last minute replacement in on loan rather than a long term Sigurdsson type signing. Who knows though, we can but speculate.