Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Mid term report

We have done OK up to this point. Considering the injuries we have had you could probably argue we have done a little better than expected.There are some good signs in Hooper, who looks capable of scoring goals at this level,  Fer has at times been a cut above what we have been used to,  Redmond shows promise ( but needs to learn how to shoot more accurately).I still think we need  a quality right back and a quality defensive midfielder. If we were to add those in January and also for RVW to start banging them in too then we could finish very strongly.

Nope Foggy, I still don''t see it. I don''t ever remember people stating they supported the team but not Hamilton, Grant or Gunn. If it happened then it didn''t happen on here. The only times I''ve seen it stated were about Worthy, Roeder and Hughton. The difference with Roeder was that it was pssible to support the team and not the manager because there was open hostility between the two. However with Worthy and Hughton I don''t believe it is possible. It spills over from one to the other because they are/were united and behind eachother. I suppose next you''ll tell me that booing your own players and cheering opposition goals is all fair game for supporting the team and not the manager.......

The start of the season felt like a step backwards from last season, but that''s not really that surprising with so much change over the summer. We have

een the squad get more cohesive and the play has been improving in spite of injury troubles. The first half of the season has been reasonable and I think the progress will continue with the second half of the season being stronger again.

The obviously poor aspect so far is the goal difference and getting hit for six by the big guns instead of losing by a narrower margin. I''m growing tired of the excuses about who it is who''s beating us and who else it is they''ve beaten, we simply need to put up more resistance. Apart from Fer and Snodgrass we haven''t yet overcome our inability to

attack centrally, but a lot of this could be remedied by coaching rather

than the chequebook. We have the strikers and we''re showing encouraging signs, but more progress is needed. Howson in particular has the ability to do a lot better here.The possession has improved and we''re a bit better at one-on-one ball-winning situations than we were a few games ago. We''re still a bit weak in our ability to be in the right positions for loose balls and still not fluent enough on the break to be able to punish mistakes. But again a lot of this can be coached, as can our obvious technical weaknesses.We''re a bit thin in certain areas if there''s injuries, notably in defensive midfield and it is here where we need to strengthen with a Fer-standard signing. We need someone a bit different or who has got more in the style of what we already have, and if we can''t do that until the summer then we need either someone who''s ''good enough'' or a loan respectively.In short, the defence and attack are reasonably okay, it''s the midfield that needs to improve.

-----nutty nigel-----

he only times I''ve seen it stated were about Worthy, Roeder and Hughton. The difference with Roeder was that it was pssible to support the team and not the manager because there was open hostility between the two.

------------------------

I''m sorry to say that it is simply your opinion as to when it is acceptable. When you make a decision that someone is allowed to not support the manager. You are an unquestioning sheep.

As for hamilton, I recall the players going to the chairman to express their concerns. And Megson was not supported by a large number of the fans either as he was perceived to be Chase''s puppet..

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-----nutty nigel-----

he only times I''ve seen it stated were about Worthy, Roeder and Hughton. The difference with Roeder was that it was pssible to support the team and not the manager because there was open hostility between the two.

------------------------

I''m sorry to say that it is simply your opinion as to when it is acceptable. When you make a decision that someone is allowed to not support the manager. You are an unquestioning sheep.

As for hamilton, I recall the players going to the chairman to express their concerns. And Megson was not supported by a large number of the fans either as he was perceived to be Chase''s puppet..[/quote]There''s a marked difference between questioning and hyping up every possible criticism to the limit.