Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

We drew the last 88 minutes

[quote user="ron obvious"]Yellow Shirt wrote the following post at 23/11/2013 5:42 PM:

I thought we came back at them well after the goal - didn''t Pilkington go close with a header? Plus a couple of other chances?

-----------------------------------------------------------

No.

If that header was on target it would have dropped into Kruls arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well. That''s not what the commentator said, nor any of the reports I''ve read. Redmond also had a decent chance, Fer nearly got on the end of a cut back (after Bennett had knocked it across I think).

NUFC looked the better team going forward, I''d agree. But if one of those chances had gone in, it might have been a different game (as it certainly was for most of the second half).[/quote]

Ahh, we''ll that''s not how I saw it Ron.

Did you watch MOTD last night?

If so, how on Earth can you maintain Krul had that header covered?

I''ve heard of yellow & green glasses, but I didn''t know people watched wearing dark glasses.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]That''s not bad to a team who Chelsea and Spurs couldn''t beat (or even score against)[/quote]Why stop there? We won the last ten minutes.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Yet again, some of you show what your nearest and dearest must go through, every day of their lives. That is desperately sad. I choose to say that all is not bad, and some of you want to nitpick, and take joy, in dissecting the minutiae. That''s embarrassing.[/quote]

No Crabby - what''s embarrassing, as you put it, is that you are still trying to justify your point that somehow drawing the last 88 minutes is some sort of positive...we lost the game! Coming across as a bit desperate now. Don''t criticise the rest of us for being realistic about the fact that we lost the game when your point is anything but realistic - we will get no points for "drawing the last 88 minutes"!!

We will get no extra points for it but there is a positive in winning the second half. If there''s not then there can''t be a negative in spouting about how many halves of football Hughton has won. They will certainly see that as a positve at Colney and so would any other PL management team.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Yet again, some of you show what your nearest and dearest must go through, every day of their lives. That is desperately sad. I choose to say that all is not bad, and some of you want to nitpick, and take joy, in dissecting the minutiae. That''s embarrassing.[/quote]

No Crabby - what''s embarrassing, as you put it, is that you are still trying to justify your point that somehow drawing the last 88 minutes is some sort of positive...we lost the game! Coming across as a bit desperate now. Don''t criticise the rest of us for being realistic about the fact that we lost the game when your point is anything but realistic - we will get no points for "drawing the last 88 minutes"!!

[/quote]

Alex - I was only using the word embarrassment because it had been used earlier in the thread, along with moron, idiot and pathetic, lol.

I have already said on more than one occasion that losing was not good etc, but there were positives to come out of the game. We lost the game, so that means 0 points of course, but after the start we had, it didn''t capitulate into another 7-0

Some people obviously choose to emphasize the negatives and not discuss positives at all, to try and put more ''meat on their argument bone''. That''s not my style, we are all different and are entitled to our opinions, without name calling