Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

No Goal Music

[quote user="Vanwink"]Nigel

If I''ve recorded a live game I do watch it again when I get in, not all of it but just to look for things, normally decisions, to check whether my initial thoughts at the game were in fact right. I see the game through yellow and green glasses when I am there and get carried away, as we all do I hope, it''s amazing when you look at incidents again, sometimes you got it spot on, other times your miles off.

I suppose I do spoil for a fight sometimes, but you just tend to treat people the way they treat you. Having an opposing view isn''t an excuse to become abusive.[/quote]

Totally agree with all of that. It''s our job to see the game through yellow and green glasses in the ground. We appeal for everything and don''t give an inch. Make it as uncomfortable as possible for the opposition and the ref. It''s been like that since I was a kid and long may it remain.

Well that''s a strange one about treating other people as they treat you because it seems to me that many of your problems with others seem to stem from a time that was before you signed to this forum. That''s why I genuinely wondered if two people were using your account! There is no excuse to be abusive.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I thought you old boys sitting behind the dug out were in "the blankets", I had sort of assumed that that''s where Nutty sits,and that he kept referring to "the blankets" as a euphemism.

By the sounds of it "the blankets" refers to a part of the Jarrold.

Got it wrong![/quote]

Many an old blanket dodger were once a Barclay Boy Winkie.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I genuinely wondered if two people were using your account!

[/quote]

If that is the case do you reckon it is because  one of them is banned ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I genuinely wondered if two people were using your account!

[/quote]

If that is the case do you reckon it is because  one of them is banned ?

[/quote]

No.. I didn''t think that. It just seems that the character who kept picking fights over issues before Winkie''s joining date was very different to the one posting on this thread. I can think of no explanation apart from two people using the same account. Only Winkie has the answers though....

I admit to missing the extra atmosphere the goal celebration music brings!

My boys do too.

When Fer scored against West Ham - that''s when I noticed its absence; there was decent enough celebration, but certainly not like it used to be in the Lambert days...