Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Lappin back to League 1

I know some will tell me to leave the past in the past, but Sheffield Star reporting Sheff Utd are looking to sign KoS on loan. Malky obviously not convinced he''s a Prem player.

Why is Simon Lappin always called a "great pro" for not kicking up a fuss when not playing but putting in a shift when called upon, but David Fox is victim of threads trying to infer that he is lazy or greedy for doing exactly the same? 
Their situations are a little inverted because Lappin spent a year as an unused outcast and then came back into the team under a new manager, this was called "loyalty", David Fox spent a year in the team and then outcast by a new manager and is victimised by people starting pinkun threads implying that he was only here because he wouldn''t get a better contract elsewhere. 
Not suggesting that Lappin isn''t worthy of respect, just can''t see how he justifies anymore than somebody like David Fox. I doubt Lappin was on great money here, but you can be sure that it was a huge pay rise in comparison to what St. Mirren could pay him. 
Just intrigues me, the situations seem pretty similar. If Hughton were to be sacked at Christmas, and a new manager came in and started playing David Fox (who would go on to play very well), would Fox become "the new Lappin" by default for being "loyal"?

[quote user="Wolf"]Not sure why some people

have that view of Foxy, sad really![/quote]
Some people always need a whipping boy, has always been a common theme at Norwich.
The new one seems to be that Becchio is "crap". Hughton doesn''t seem to rate him, but I personally haven''t seen enough to make a judgement after just two starts in 9 months. 

[quote user="im spartacus"]

i thought most posters seem to be on becchios side and want him given a chance... on the basis that whoever isn''t in the team should be cos hooton don''t know what he''s doing [:D]
[/quote]

Well I am for one spartacus.[Y]