Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

John Ruddy tweeting about Cardiffs win

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Seattle...

On a side note, are you going to watch Timbers v Sounders tonight? Should be a jolly fun game.[/quote]

I really wanted to go but I have work. I think I may try and go to the Chivas game in 2 weeks or else I''m definitely going to the NY Red Bulls game.

Do you attend many Timbers games?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Your behaving like an idiot Morty, making a mockery of this forum![/quote]I have no interest in whatever your issue is, but thanks[Y]As an aside, by way of explanation, I am frankly annoyed with the idiots that crawl out of the woodwork as soon as we lose a game.People you never see here discussing things sensibly, but just appear suddenly.Now you probably don''t care about that, but the fickle, stupid nature of it grips my $hit.And if I fancy venting about it, then I will.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]Seattle...

On a side note, are you going to watch Timbers v Sounders tonight? Should be a jolly fun game.[/quote]

I really wanted to go but I have work. I think I may try and go to the Chivas game in 2 weeks or else I''m definitely going to the NY Red Bulls game.

Do you attend many Timbers games?[/quote]

I''ve been to a few. I''ve tried to get into MLS, but it can be so tedious. I did go when NCFC was here though.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]Seattle...

I''ve been to a few. I''ve tried to get into MLS, but it can be so tedious. I did go when NCFC was here though.[/quote]

Awesome! Would love to have gone but it really is like travelling across a few countries here. Shame we don''t live closer together, as its always nice to meet a fellow Canary all the way over here.

What do you do for a living then Seattle?. On a different note, do you think the Ruddy tweet could be interpreted in more than one way and is it fair to say that if you were somebody that was less than happy with CH, you could interpret that tweet in such away to justify such an opinion. Do you think that it is justified to talk about sacking the manager after just two games?. Do you think those posters that moan on about playing one striker really understand the modern game?

Not being somebody who bothers with Twitter, I just read the Ruddy tweet as posted as a footballer commenting on another game, rather than anything more than that, I was not at the game on Saturday, I was chilling with a beer, in my La Z Boy, watching Final Score, the BBC guy covering our match seemed to suggest that we were throwing everything at Hull right to the end, but that they held out, which would not tie in with the suggestion that Ruddy was criticising CH for not attacking Hull. i was unhappy with the defeat aginst Hull, but i think it is far to early about talking about anything at the moment, see where we are after say ten games and that will be a far better yardstick with which to judge which way we are headed. The old, one up front chestnut, most teams adopt this approach, where I think we fall short is that we do not support the lone striker adequately and consequently he gets isolated, I am hopeful that this is something that will be addressed....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]Seattle...

I''ve been to a few. I''ve tried to get into MLS, but it can be so tedious. I did go when NCFC was here though.[/quote]

Awesome! Would love to have gone but it really is like travelling across a few countries here. Shame we don''t live closer together, as its always nice to meet a fellow Canary all the way over here.[/quote]

We go to Seattle a lot to visit family up there. Next time I''m up during a game, maybe we can meet at a pub and watch. Would be fun.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

What do you do for a living then Seattle?. On a different note, do you think the Ruddy tweet could be interpreted in more than one way and is it fair to say that if you were somebody that was less than happy with CH, you could interpret that tweet in such away to justify such an opinion. Do you think that it is justified to talk about sacking the manager after just two games?. Do you think those posters that moan on about playing one striker really understand the modern game?

Not being somebody who bothers with Twitter, I just read the Ruddy tweet as posted as a footballer commenting on another game, rather than anything more than that, I was not at the game on Saturday, I was chilling with a beer, in my La Z Boy, watching Final Score, the BBC guy covering our match seemed to suggest that we were throwing everything at Hull right to the end, but that they held out, which would not tie in with the suggestion that Ruddy was criticising CH for not attacking Hull. i was unhappy with the defeat aginst Hull, but i think it is far to early about talking about anything at the moment, see where we are after say ten games and that will be a far better yardstick with which to judge which way we are headed. The old, one up front chestnut, most teams adopt this approach, where I think we fall short is that we do not support the lone striker adequately and consequently he gets isolated, I am hopeful that this is something that will be addressed....

[/quote]

SOB I am a professional musician in a professional band. I will not name drop, as I do not want my personal life brought up or put under the microscope. But I am sponsored and working in the US right now, as I have been touring the US nationally this year covering 42 of the 50 states.

Next I will say yesterday was a bad day. I was angry and frustrated. I watched the whole game online, waking up at 6:30am to do so being 8 hours behind the UK. I do not want Hughton out, I want change in the playing style whatever it takes.

If he gets a clue, great. I like him. If not I''d rather someone else ala Poyet, Laudrup style, I do not know exactly. But I''m not supposed to as it isn''t my job to recruit a new manager, its the boards. Plus I do not want him to have to make way, I want him to inject some positivity into us. If he doesn''t by the 10 game mark or so then yes, by all means some fresh ideas please!

I was simply referring to Holts statement and asking if anyone thought that it might come out in the future when a player leaves, if they may say something about Hughton. Even Damien Francis only recently said some things in reference to Worthy and something that happened 8 years ago.

Thats all I meant, I wasn''t reading anything into the Ruddy tweet issue. Something completely separate.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="PortlandCanary"]Seattle...

Awesome! Would love to have gone but it really is like travelling across a few countries here. Shame we don''t live closer together, as its always nice to meet a fellow Canary all the way over here.[/quote]

We go to Seattle a lot to visit family up there. Next time I''m up during a game, maybe we can meet at a pub and watch. Would be fun.[/quote]

Sounds great! I''m in :)

Cheers Seattle Canary, I was genuinely interested in what you did for a living. I apologise if you felt I was picking on you. Whilst I understand that football is all about opinions, it never ceases to amaze me how just one defeat results in the plethora of posts slagging of Hughton (not aimed at you). As an "old boy" I think social media and football manager sims have an awful ot to answer for......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cheers Seattle Canary, I was genuinely interested in what you did for a living. I apologise if you felt I was picking on you. Whilst I understand that football is all about opinions, it never ceases to amaze me how just one defeat results in the plethora of posts slagging of Hughton (not aimed at you). As an "old boy" I think social media and football manager sims have an awful ot to answer for......[/quote]

Its all that and a lot more too. The way we all talk on here sometimes, you really can''t tell what kind of tone is made with some statements by people. A lot gets lost in written text.

I didn''t think you were taking a jibe or anything, no harm done :)

I want us to succeed as much as anyone, its just a coincidence that as yesterday was the final straw for me, and I posted about it. So did many others too. Whether they were just moaning because we lost you and I may never know. For me it wasn''t the loss, it was the manner of the loss, and the consistent similar performances that preceded yesterdays game.

The straw that broke the Camel''s back and all that jazz.

But yesterday''s game was only the second game of the season. We played well the previous Saturday drawing 2-2 with Everton. The final two games of last season were both wins. So buddy, if that''s the straw that broke the camel''s back I reckon the poor old beast was on his last legs anyway[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But yesterday''s game was only the second game of the season. We played well the previous Saturday drawing 2-2 with Everton. The final two games of last season were both wins. So buddy, if that''s the straw that broke the camel''s back I reckon the poor old beast was on his last legs anyway[;)]

[/quote]

Do you think we played well against Everton? Service was dire and mustered 2 shots on target out of 4 total shots. Is that ok with you? We got away with it last week, this week we didn''t. God knows what''ll happen if we turn up and do the same next week, injured players or not, thats no excuse for bad tactics especially as we pride ourselves with strength in depth now.

If Everton home and some of the stats associated with this game (see link) constitue playing well AT HOME, I am certainly not looking forward to when we play badly.http://epl.squawka.com/norwich-city-vs-everton/17-08-2013/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

[quote user="CDMullins"]But half of our strength in depth have been injury/unfit/suspended for the first 2 games![/quote]

Yeah I understand. And of course these are great players we are/were missing but, surely if you can field 11 players and a full bench of senior subs, after a summer clear out of deadwood. Then these are all pro footballers who are wanted at the club and can do a job, as they are professionals. Is there genuinely an excuse to not at least perform to a standard? There were some games last season I think one was away at Stoke and we didn''t even have a shot at goal.... So Everton was a 100% on the shots on for goals scored. That won''t happen every week, and we need to make more than 2 chances in 2 games for our expensive CF. One AM shouldn''t be so vital as you all are saying, as what is plan B or C if he were to get injured?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]If Everton home and some of the stats associated with this game (see link) constitue playing well AT HOME, I am certainly not looking forward to when we play badly.http://epl.squawka.com/norwich-city-vs-everton/17-08-2013/english-barclays-premier-league/matches[/quote]

Exactly! Thank you! RVW wasn''t praised highly enough for making a goal out of something that was barely a half chance! We need more ways to get through to the final 3rd. Football is about trying to score goals, and after 2 games we already have a negative goal difference, and its through lack of applied effort.

We have last years player of the season, captain and rock out.

Olsson is unfit, who I am sure will become our first choice left back.

Both first choice wingers from last season are unfit and injured.

Fer was suspended

Hooper out

No team could afford to be without all these players.

All them coupled with a relativly new side trying to gel, who havn''t really done so during pre-season and square pegs in round holes, means it may take abit of time until we start start performing as we all want them too.

[quote user="CDMullins"]We have last years player of the season, captain and rock out.

Fer was suspended

Hooper out

All them coupled with a relativly new side trying to gel, who havn''t really done so during pre-season and square pegs in round holes, means it may take abit of time until we start start performing as we all want them too.[/quote]I have said this till I am blue in the face today.Seriously, save your breath,

[quote user="CDMullins"]We have last years player of the season, captain and rock out.

Fer was suspended

Hooper out

All them coupled with a relativly new side trying to gel, who havn''t really done so during pre-season and square pegs in round holes, means it may take abit of time until we start start performing as we all want them too.[/quote]
Again agree. No one is disputing that. But does this suddenly make the rest of the players useless? Unable to play a game of football? I just felt yesterday we were crying out for some ideas, some tactics. This is nothing to do with missing players. As we still fielded a team, most of which will still start a game Howson, Hoolahan, Snodgrass, RVW, Johnson going forwards but looked without a plan.
Pilks, Hooper, will offer better quality going forwards, but still even lower quality would have been acceptable, especially against 10 men for a whole game. But where was any quality? Even lower quality? I saw nothing tried....

Come on mate, what do expect?

Changes were made at the break, we absolutly dominated the second half, an unfit Snoddy was out there, Howson worked his balls off, All our subs were made with 20 minutes left.

Some times you have to accept its just not your day, but it certainally wernt through the lack of trying

The boys from Spurs were awesome, as was Curtis Davies.

Judge us when we have a full team available

[quote user="CDMullins"]Come on mate, what do expect?

Changes were made at the break, we absolutly dominated the second half, an unfit Snoddy was out there, Howson worked his balls off, All our subs were made with 20 minutes left.

Some times you have to accept its just not your day, but it certainally wernt through the lack of trying

The boys from Spurs were awesome, as was Curtis Davies.

Judge us when we have a full team available[/quote]
Ok. I''ll happily reserve judgement. But didn''t we have a fully fit team in those games last season that I mentioned where there were no shots. Dismal draws against Newcastle, and Reading away sit in the mind too.
I will wait though, and either hold my hands up and join your view that it was an off day, despite no rallying in extra time. Even the commentators mentioned it, which was sad. If I''m wrong, I''ll maybe re-raise these points if the trend continues. I''m happy to admit when I''m wrong, I just feel strongly enough that I am not, and have seen enough now to make me feel that this is the way we intend to go about our style now. It''s just sad is all.

Last season''s displays (baring in mind it was our highest finish for 2 decades) are irrelevant.

I''m confident we will play more expansive, positive football, once we have a full quota of players to chose from.

We have bought real quality in RVW, Fer and Redmond. Hooper is a gamble and Olsson could make a real impact. but we will have to go through a transition period to get to where we want to be.

Rome wasnt built in a day

[quote user="CDMullins"]Last season''s displays (baring in mind it was our highest finish for 2 decades) are irrelevant.

I''m confident we will play more expansive, positive football, once we have a full quota of players to chose from.

We have bought real quality in RVW, Fer and Redmond. Hooper is a gamble and Olsson could make a real impact. but we will have to go through a transition period to get to where we want to be.

Rome wasnt built in a day[/quote]
I hope so CDM! I want us to succeed as much as you do so I hope your faith isn''t misplaced!
Just remember last season we didn''t finish 11th having been there for a sustained time, it was a fortunately strong and possibly deceiving finish. Only 5 points off 17th. Good job we beat WBA and Citeh isn''t it :)

And only 5 points off 8th,

The league table only counts at the end of May and it doesn''t lie!

Have faith, not just in Hughton, but the players, McNally and everyone connected with the club.

Seattle Canary seems to have an opinion about anything and everything. I dont normally dig exiled canaries myself however watching it on the tv and listening on radio , internet ect is a lot different to seeing it live , sorry but its true.Now dont tell me crap u see more on tv. yawn. I am  exiled myself living in the north of england. However ive been to the first two games and will be at the saints game. When I dont go to games I reserve judgement on places like this ..................

Oh dear a real fans are better than other fans kind of post. All animals are born equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Seattle Canary seems to have an opinion about anything and everything. I dont normally dig exiled canaries myself however watching it on the tv and listening on radio , internet ect is a lot different to seeing it live , sorry but its true.Now dont tell me crap u see more on tv. yawn. I am  exiled myself living in the north of england. However ive been to the first two games and will be at the saints game. When I dont go to games I reserve judgement on places like this ..................[/quote]
Doesn''t everyone have an opinion about anything and everything? Thats life you are talking about right there. Whether that person pushes it as fact is a different matter. If I''m wrong, I''m happy to admit I''m wrong and be humbled whilst doing so. 
I understand reserving judgement on here. Fine. But please give me more into your insights, what more do you see "being there" that I don''t see on TV? Having been to every home game for years and then watching on TV, the only difference is the atmosphere in which I sit. I even have the benefit of replays. Please enlighten me.