Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Most underrated players in the Prem?

[quote user="Jonzey"]

David Fox. Totally underrated by Hughton. Wasted last year by not starting even when Tettey started to look useless later in the season.

Jack Rodwell. The boy is potentially a future world class midfielder. Yet he''s the forgotten man at Man City.

Scott Sinclair. Why he went to Man City I''ll never know. How could Mancini underrate him so utterly after being so good as Swansea is almost insulting. He''s totally gone off radar.[/quote]

I don''t think Hughton is underrated by Hughton. We all know Fox''s strength (his passing) and his weaknesses (everything else). Hughton wants to make us stronger defensively and Fox is not a player who is going to help us win the midfield battle. You have to accommodate him. I''m sure Hughton recognises him as a decent footballer and a fine passer of the ball.

Rodwell is never fit.

Sinclair...yes, it is hard to imagine why he went to super rich Man City who had just won the league and were in the CL. Man City have better players, that''s why he doesn''t get a game.

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think Hughton is underrated by Hughton.

[/quote]

I also don''t think Fox is underrated by Hughton.

;-)

[quote user="GJP"]

Sinclair...yes, it is hard to imagine why he went to super rich Man City who had just won the league and were in the CL. Man City have better players, that''s why he doesn''t get a game.

[/quote]I totally understand why he went. Some people can''t resist the shiny shinys when offered. But he''d walk into any team outside the top four and be the first name on the team sheets for several Premier League clubs. Since going to Man City he''s just disappeared. Personally I''d bloody love to see him come here on a season long loan and play behind RVW. That would be incredible.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Michael Carrick has always been the core of my Fantasy League team.Brilliant footballer who in my eyes will be the next Ryan Giggs / Paul Scholes and play for ever[/quote]

Why on earth would you have a midfielder in your Fantasy Team who rarely scores or assists?

Agreed though, very underrated player.

Whilst having dropped out of the prem last season, I always thought that Danny Murphy was criminally underrated. Was always in Gerrard''s shadow at Liverpool but was arguably more tactically aware and disciplined giving Gerrard the chance to shine. Was a great servant at Fulham and I''m sure I read somewhere that he setup more chances than anyone else in the prem in his last season at Fulham. He must have been about 35 by then?

Currently I think Morrison at West Brom is a good shout.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I totally understand why he went. Some people can''t resist the shiny shinys when offered.

But he''d walk into any team outside the top four and be the first name on the team sheets for several Premier League clubs. Since going to Man City he''s just disappeared. Personally I''d bloody love to see him come here on a season long loan and play behind RVW. That would be incredible.
[/quote]

I disagree. I think he could be a regular for some Premier League clubs but I don''t think he''s so good he would walk into every side in the league outside the top four. I wouldn''t expect him to walk into our team.

I think he can be a little bit predictable to play against.

Not in the prem any more but Le Fondre at Reading scored double figures I believe, often playing as a sub, in a terrible Reading team so he must be able to do a job for someone yet haven''t seen his name linked with any moves.

Ben Davies (Swansea)

Claudio Yacob (WBA)

Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Matt Lowton (Villa)

Andros Townsend (Spurs)

Pablo Zabaleta (Citeh)

Morgan Schniederlin (Southampton)