Sign in to follow this  
Kirkstall Yellow

Missing Men

Sky have put our 2005 defeat to liverpool on missing men,

http://www.skysports.com/socceram/games/missing_men/0,21650,,00.html

Looking at that team, it makes you realise how far we have come. I cant help feeling that our squad is much, much stronger now. (Green, Ashton and Huckerby aside)

As a newbie Leeds Canary can i just point out to you mate there is already a poster on here called Leedscanary which as you can see is in a very slightly different format to you but might lead to confusion.

Green or Ruddy is a close call - Ruddy probably my preference..

Our defence is significantly better this season (and last years was better than 2005s too) with only Helveg in over whittaker/martin for me (naughton prob the best of the right back lot) - it was at teh back we lost it in 2004-2005.

In midfield I would take this years tettey, pilkington, snodgrass and wes with huckerby and francis,  with Holt, Ashton mackenzie and svennson up front

Difficult call Ashton and Huckerby IMO were head and shoulders above anyone we have now. That said all the rest of this current team/squad are probably better than their 2005 counterparts

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As a newbie Leeds Canary can i just point out to you mate there is already a poster on here called Leedscanary which as you can see is in a very slightly different format to you but might lead to confusion.[/quote]

Ha, i can see how that could be a problem. Nice to know i''m not the only one up here in Leeds though!

Heres what we''ll do, I''ll think of a more original name, then we can talk about why i wish we had a fully fit Dean Ashton right now.

Easy.