Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Charlie Austin

Forget about Hooper, Charlie Austin would be a lot better option! Scored 23 goals out of 27 matches. Also scored 8 matches on the bounce. We all know how tough the Championship is. Hooper has scored against easier defenders in the SPL, so why they price him so high is beyond me and would be a bigger gamble than Austin. Anyone else feel the same??

Hasn''t Jones scored like, two goals in the last half a year though or something a little pathetic?

I wouldn''t mind Austin too, young and can definitely develop into something good. However, we''ve not been linked with him anywhere just yet, but it''s a possibility

Don''t you people understand - we need pace, especially in the Premiership, and Hooper possibly provides this more than Austin or Jones.

Please no more mention of big, goal-scoring but slow strikers - we already have one of those, now we need someone to play along side him!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Would be happy with either but my head does tell me Austin would be a bigger success. Kind of a shane long.[/quote]Austin is nothing like Shane Long.If we were to sign someone like Austin it would be as an ''upgrade'' on Morison.Hooper and Graham please.

Eh? Jones had barely been playing at the start of the season due to Walters being the main man up front with Crouchy. He has scored a few recently and he would easily add to our squad. Strong as hell and wins everything in the air. Good amount of pace for his size and him and Holt would be a horrible force to be confronted with. There''s a reason Swansea want him and it''s because he''s good. I know he''s not prolific, but no one can be prolific for Stoke lol. He would add a lot of qualities to our frontline and is better than Morison, Jackson and Kane from what we''ve seen from him already. I''m not saying I''d rather have him than Hooper or Graham, but if they''re going to cost silly money then I''d rather have Jones for a more reasonable price.As for Austin - he''s being linked with Celtic of all teams now..

Hooper is definitely not pacey for the person suggesting it above!

When I''ve seen him play I would really say he''s probably not that much faster than Holt! Hooper''s game is all about positioning, he is essentially a poacher. I think it''s like 70% of his goals have been inside the 6 yard box, and 90% have been inside the box or something like that. Either way, he''s never going to dribble around 5 players, and round the keeper too often!

Austin is probably more raw and rounded in terms of playing style - he seriously would be a good option if the price is right.