Sign in to follow this  
Gnasher

Ba to Chelsea

Can''t say i''ll be too sorry we likely won''t have to play against him at FCR next home game. Hopefully Newcastle don''t get any replacement in but I''m sure they''ll have someone lined up, still a big loss for them.

The rumour was that Odemwingie is his replacement. Hopefully that can wait until after we play them. But it is only a rumour.

Hopefully this will mean newcastle continues to struggle,  especially given the number of goals he has contributed so far this year

Tiote will also be off for ACN - although the way he has been playing recently it might be better if he was still around for Newcastle...

Isn''t Shola Ameobi also in the Nigeria squad? Can''t remember if he is staying or going.

My mate is a Newcastle fan and he reckons Cabaye and Steven Taylor might be back for our game!

He also reckons they are signing Loic Remy.

He doesn''t have the best track record admittedly, but you never know!

All I can say is thank God for that.

The media obsession with Ba''s future over the last few months has been so tedious.  Who really cares?

He is not that good nor that important a player to warrant all this media coverage.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

All I can say is thank God for that.

The media obsession with Ba''s future over the last few months has been so tedious.  Who really cares?

He is not that good nor that important a player to warrant all this media coverage.

[/quote]1) He is the third highest scorer in the Premier League.2) He plays for a reasonably large club and will be transferred to one of the biggest clubs in the country.3) There are interesting sub-plots with both his buy out clause and his previously failed medical.It is January and every potential transfer takes on extra significance because it is so difficult to get it right. Add in the above factors which make it easier to cobble together a story and it is no surprise that this potential transfer is being talked about more than most.

I get all that of course.

But it''s been going on since the summer.  Every time Newcastle has been mentioned on Five Live or in the press it''s Pardew''s contract and "Will Demba Ba be exercising his release clause in the January window?".

I agree it matters to Newcastle fans and is of passing interest to others but as I said, the obsession is disproportionate and I''m glad it''s over........hopefully!

I would like him to go to Swansea, would be funny hearing thousands of Welshmen shouting Ba. [:P]

I''ll get my coat.