Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

So apparently...

"Real Madrid are keeping tabs on Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, who has been called up to the England squad"

According to the BBC Column, which says the source is the Daily Mirror.

Anybody else think this is BS?

Anyone remember Victor Moses?

Madrid were keeping tabs on him at one points. Fairly sure one of the Milans were also linked. As were Chelsea, Arsenal, Man.U etc. All the big teams wanted him, Palace wanted a ridiculous fee.

He joined Wigan in that same/following transfer window for £2.5 million...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone remember Victor Moses? Madrid were keeping tabs on him at one points. Fairly sure one of the Milans were also linked. As were Chelsea, Arsenal, Man.U etc. All the big teams wanted him, Palace wanted a ridiculous fee. He joined Wigan in that same/following transfer window for £2.5 million...[/quote]

He''s now at chelsea (costing £10m according to reports) playing champs league football. he got where he wanted to be, just 2 seasons later. He was also 18 when he moved to Wigan. 21 when he joined Chelsea. Zaha will be 20/21 when he moves club. So same ages to join a big club, just Moses was 2 years younger when he made his 1st move.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yesterday I read Arsenal are going to buy him for £7 million... But if Palace want more, they''ll go for Taraabt instead..[/quote]

And can see 2or 3 of his QPR team mates jump ship in January

Zaha will go the same way as Moses and Scott Sinclair if he joins a big club. Play a few games a season and get splinters the rest from sitting on the bench picking up a fat cheque whilst doing it!!!

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]Taraabt for Arsenal? Am I the only one that thinks he''s a little over rated?[/quote]

Just goes to show that Arsenal are making some poor decisions if they do go for him!!!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone remember Victor Moses? Madrid were keeping tabs on him at one points. Fairly sure one of the Milans were also linked. As were Chelsea, Arsenal, Man.U etc. All the big teams wanted him, Palace wanted a ridiculous fee. He joined Wigan in that same/following transfer window for £2.5 million...[/quote]

He''s now at chelsea (costing £10m according to reports) playing champs league football. he got where he wanted to be, just 2 seasons later. He was also 18 when he moved to Wigan. 21 when he joined Chelsea. Zaha will be 20/21 when he moves club. So same ages to join a big club, just Moses was 2 years younger when he made his 1st move.

[/quote]

A lot of young players could learn a lot from Moses about making your decisions of where you want to play. Far too often the allure of a big club and a big pay cheque are too much for some young talents who go for the biggest deal and completely stall their development. Whilst some of them may go into it genuinely believing that they can force their way into a big setup how often does this actually happen?

For a player wanting to make the step up, where is the harm in playing regularly at a "lesser club" but at a higher level. By going to Wigan Victor Moses was able to play consistently in the Premiership and show his worth to the world. Had he gone straight to a Chelsea / Man city type of club he would have no doubt fallen by the by, and be back in the Championship or even lower.

While it could be seen as players using clubs as a springboard, if they''re going to give their all to get where they want to be, clubs like us could benefit from this type of forward thinking player.

That or nobody really good actually wanted him at the time [;)]

Moses isn''t exactly playing much for Chelsea at the moment either.

Like SWP when he joined the, ever since he joined Chelsea he''s never been as good as he was at Man.C before, he''s not even that regular for QPR is he?

Adam Johnson at Man.C, was great at Boro, joins Man.C, hardly plays and is now taking his time to get back into the swing of things at Sunderland. Sinclair looks like its going to be the same story.

The only reason Palace could get £20 million for Zaha, would be if he wants to stay. If he wanted to go, they''d have to half that fee. But if he wants to stay its going to take around that much for them to have to accept and push him out the door a bit.

Snodgrass was linked with  Barca when he was younger according to todays EDP, C.Marin was linked with Man U i seem to remember. I think you have to take into account theres some highly sneaky agents out there with motive to inflate the value of their clients anyway they can.

When i''ve seen Zaha on tv he''s always looked a player with some undoubted skill but his decision making looked abit off to often to hold a position down in one of the bigger premier league clubs.

"Snodgrass was linked with Barca when he was younger"

Really? Where does it say this?

Not doubting you, just want to see it for myself.

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]Taraabt for Arsenal? Am I the only one that thinks he''s a little over rated?[/quote]

I think a tiny bit more than little. More like vastly!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone remember Victor Moses?

Madrid were keeping tabs on him at one points. Fairly sure one of the Milans were also linked. As were Chelsea, Arsenal, Man.U etc. All the big teams wanted him, Palace wanted a ridiculous fee.

He joined Wigan in that same/following transfer window for £2.5 million...[/quote]If I remember rightly, the administrators sold Moses to Wigan, he didn''t want to leave Palace. Different situation now with Zaha, Palace are financially secure with some very rich owners, if someone wants to buy Zaha, it is going to cost them, didn''t Bolton have a 9million bid turned down last January?

"Snodgrass was linked with Barca when he was younger" Really? Where does it say this? Not doubting you, just want to see it for myself."

It''s on the back page of yesterdays EDP (Wednesday) in the article about Whittaker.