Sign in to follow this  
marvin the martian

Good news

How many on here were sooo jealous of them in the summer. And we had the "Cocky Cockneys" on here giving it large as well. What a crockoshite they are!

I really can''t get my head around QPR. You look at their team on paper and they should be mid-table. Some of the players they have got, Cisse, Onanohua (sp?), Cesar, Bosingwa, Taarabt, Faulin, I could go on, these are easily good enough to step into a mid-table team. I know it takes time for players to gel and work together, but they have now had nearly half a season. Which means there can only really be 1 problem, Hughes. Yet he keeps his job. Other than buying power and good contacts, he doesn''t bring much to the table.

QPR simply must survive, if they go down they will be in serious trouble with the FFP now in place in the championship. I can''t see them doing a Portsmouth as the owners have enough money to prevent that happening, but how long they will stick around who knows. I believe a lot of their players have release clauses if relegation should happen, but what sort of team that will leave them with in the Champ I don''t know. Well, rather them than and us, and great for us if they do fill 1 of the 3 spots!!

Agreed, they should be in a better position Vazza, but I would not swap any of those star names you listed for any of our boys. Would you?

They might have come with big fees and big reputations, but just how much of that is hype? Give me the Russell Martins anyday.

In the meantime we are both happy in the fact that Hughes is unable to get them to play.

"You look at their team on paper"

The problem is football is not played on paper. It is played on a pitch, where drive and determination count for an awful lot. City have pulled in a squad of highly motivated player. Players, many of who, were captain at their previous clubs at an early age. That doesn''t come about by accident. It comes from the top, above the manager even. If the manager is not up to it, replace him and certainly don''t appoint him in the first place - likewise with the players.

Just as with the paupers down the road, if the owners and board are not focused on success right through the club then it will show on the pitch. It will need far far more than a change of manager at QPR, as events at poorman road have shown.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

How many on here were sooo jealous of them in the summer. And we had the "Cocky Cockneys" on here giving it large as well. What a crockoshite they are!

[/quote]toIs it really much wonder certain people were jealous? They spent a lot of money and ANYONE would have been jealous without the benefit of hindsight.Please can you stop using previous opinions that people might have had as a stick to beat our fan base with... thanks [Y]

[quote user="Sticky Beak"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
to
Is it really much wonder certain people were jealous? They spent a lot of money and ANYONE would have been jealous without the benefit of hindsight.

Please can you stop using previous opinions that people might have had as a stick to beat our fan base with... thanks [Y]
[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions don''t you?

Most people on here were not jealous. And if you want to moitor the board email Pete...

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Agreed, they should be in a better position Vazza, but I would not swap any of those star names you listed for any of our boys. Would you?

[/quote]

There are probably a couple. I''d definitely have Onanohua (really can''t spell his name), would happily swap him for R. Martin.
I''d take Faulin off their hands in a swap for Fox. Very similar type of player. Think he has just suffered with all the big names that have come in. He is much the same player as Fox, but just a bit better at the defensive side of things. But if I had to swap for a first team regular, think I''d struggle as wouldn''t give them Bradley or Tetty.
Other than that, I think they can keep the rest.

[quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

There are probably a couple. I''d definitely have Onanohua (really can''t spell his name), would happily swap him for R. Martin.
I''d take Faulin off their hands in a swap for Fox. Very similar type of player. Think he has just suffered with all the big names that have come in. He is much the same player as Fox, but just a bit better at the defensive side of things. But if I had to swap for a first team regular, think I''d struggle as wouldn''t give them Bradley or Tetty.
Other than that, I think they can keep the rest.

[/quote]

But would you take their contracts too? It would make a big difference to our budget and the rest of the squad.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sticky Beak"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]toIs it really much wonder certain people were jealous? They spent a lot of money and ANYONE would have been jealous without the benefit of hindsight.Please can you stop using previous opinions that people might have had as a stick to beat our fan base with... thanks [Y][/quote]

Most people on here were not jealous. And if you want to moitor the board email Pete...

[/quote]Ok now I''m puzzled... you first of all said that "How many on here were sooo jealous of them in the summer" and then when I said is it any wonder you deny the fact that people were jealous?I''m probably being dumb but I dont get it..

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sticky Beak"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
to
Is it really much wonder certain people were jealous? They spent a lot of money and ANYONE would have been jealous without the benefit of hindsight.

Please can you stop using previous opinions that people might have had as a stick to beat our fan base with... thanks [Y]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok now I''m puzzled... you first of all said that "How many on here were sooo jealous of them in the summer" and then when I said is it any wonder you deny the fact that people were jealous?

I''m probably being dumb but I dont get it..
[/quote]

The majority on here are level headed Norwich fans who can see further than the last result or the latest headline. How many aren''t though?

Do you get it now?

Now could you explain the stick comment. I''m intrigued.

Then take a look at this thread : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2784923/ShowPost.aspx#2784923

You will see that the majority of our fans called it right. But some were jealous and where are all those Cocky Cockneys?

Clint Hill and Shaun Derry still get into the QPR side were limited as Championship players, also Anton Ferdinand as first choice Centre Back reasons why QPR will struggle with Hughes at the helm.