Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Paul Lamberts heart must have a sank

When the Villa ball got pulled out of the bag to draw Norwich at Carrow Rd... the one fixture he would have wanted to avoid... He''s under pressure at the moment, and this game is added attention and focus that neither he nor Villa would want/need right now...

F***ng great for us tho... COME ON CITY...

[quote user="Wiz"]I bet he kicked something.[/quote]

I have said in another thread, hope the tickets are priced £15 -£20 get a big crowd in and Let Lambert know we are bigger than him

I bet he mumbled something that nobody really understood – but no doubt his players will be fantastic for him and all will be fine.

[quote user="H4H"]

When the Villa ball got pulled out of the bag to draw Norwich at Carrow Rd... the one fixture he would have wanted to avoid... He''s under pressure at the moment, and this game is added attention and focus that neither he nor Villa would want/need right now...

F***ng great for us tho... COME ON CITY...

[/quote]

I doubt he did. I think he''ll be up for this and probably looking forward to trying to show a good Villa team at CR if he can.

I think the best thing Norwich fans can do is react like we did with him at Villa Park. i.e. accept that he''s there and that he did a great job for Norwich for those years but support Hughton 100% and chant his name. Let''s not forget, he took us from League 1 to two Premier League seasons in 3 years. No other manager has done that at any club since the Premier League started but he''s the opposing manger now, so we need to support Hughton.

I don''t think for one minute we should give him a hard time. He was far, far, far better than we could ever have expected after sitting near the bottom of League One and, although we didn''t want him to go, he left Norwich in a good position that we''re now building on.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And Mcnally must still be dancing around the living room naked. Someone show him the dollar.[/quote]Really?  McNally is only interested in £sd. 

I can''t imagine Lambert is relishing the match at all.He needs points on the board, Villa on Saturday looked weaker than Wolves last season, and with a very difficult row of games coming up for Villa, the last thing he needs is for his new ''big'' club to be dumped out of the cup by his old ''small'' club after a poor run of league results.[:D]If you take Benteke out of their team, they would have no hope of staying up IMHO.

Like Hoolahan said, you want to get one over him and not the other way around. However, I''ve got no real hate towards him because he believed it was his time to go, but he did great, great things here. Another season and I think everyone would have been much happier and understood it, but alas it wasn''t to be and now we have the little maestro Chris Hughton. I think this is going to be a hell of a match and if he plays his reserves they''ll be better than their first XI i.e Bent, Ireland, N''Zogbia etc

This is a fixture both side will have a realistic expectation of winning. We have home advantage which is the main thing. To some extent it depends on how both clubs do in the league between now and   w/c 10 December as to how much we want/need to go for it or protect main players for league action