Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Best team and many positives!!!

I thought the team today was an excellent choice. Tettey and Johnson helped the defence well, Bennets pace was welcome back and Hoolahan was very comfortable

On the ball. The performance today wasn''t bad, I was there and I could see the players playing for the badge just like under Lambert. The score flattered Chelski in the end and to expect something at high flying Chelski is unrealistic. At the end of the day we were beaten by a better team but we are better than most of the lower league teams. Performances like this one leave me optimistic we can do well

OTBC!!!

Agreed it was a lot better performance from us today,a lot better starting eleven for sure.Chelsea will beat a lot of teams by at least that margin this season.That midfield is a bit special.
After the international break I would like to think we could start with (injuries permitting)
Ruddy
Whitteker Bassong Bennett Tierney
Bennett Tetey Fox Butterfield
Holt Morrison

I wasn''t entirely sold on the team selection today. I wasn''t happy with the selection on the left hand side. Bradley Johnson is not a left midfielder. He has done a job out there for Leeds but it isn''t a natural fit. I also feel that playing either Snodgrass or Pilkington out there might have given Ivanovic more to worry about going the other way.

Thought Barnett was terrible today.hes been very lucky not to concede a penalty in the last two games now as well.As for Johnson,hasn''t played to badly ,I just think we miss Fox badly.Wes for me gives the ball away to much,when your playing Arsenal that isn''t a good thing.

I''d agree there, 4-1 definitely flattered Chelsea - but then if you are a bit sloppy against someone like Chelsea you will get punished.

Taking the lead was a big plus, as obviously we''ve only done that once so far. Also, Holty getting his second goal in 2 games. The return of E Bennett and Pilkington are huge too.

"I''d agree there, 4-1 definitely flattered Chelsea - but then if you are a bit sloppy against someone like Chelsea you will get punished."

Yes.

Chelsea are flying at the moment, six wins and a draw so far this season. Nailed on champions IMO.

We were far from disgraced. 

Talking to a Chelsea mate, he reckons we should have lost by more, he''s disappointed Chelsea ''let us score'' and can''t see us staying up.

He''s very very bias towards Chelsea though, but then tries to play them down when anyone says they will win anything.

But losing 4-1, and getting technically outplayed against the champions of Europe isn''t anything to be too worried about. I''ll only worry if we don''t pick up at least a win and a draw against Villa, Stoke and Reading. We really need to step up our game then.

And after getting United and Everton away out of the way, we have 5 games in a row before our extremely easy post xmas double header, where we have the ability to win all of those 5 games. I wouldn''t expect 5 wins, but if we are to be in a position to stay up come Jan, I think we need 3 or 4 wins. 5 overall before Christmas would all but guarantee it for me. I think we have it in us, player fitness (Pilks, Bassong, Bennett and Tettey come to mind, Butterfield as well) and Hughton''s ability to motivate will dictate wether that potential becomes a reality.

The score line didn''t flatter Chelsea who were camped in our penalty area for much of the second half without really building on their half time score. It was somewhat worrying that Barnett looked so uncomfortable today. Our CH options are beginning to look thinner and thinner. Personally I think Martin is better at CH. Maybe EB at right back. Quite concerning whatever.

Barnett was awful. He reminds me of Doherty. With a bit more pace. Hard working but desperately clumsy, little composure and not a good reader of the the game.

It''s a major error to have sent Ayala out and be stuck with Barnett. We are crying out for the composure and assuredness that he had to sit alongside Bassong. At least we have Bennett and i expect/hope/pray he replaces lumbering Leon soon.

"Chelsea who were camped in our penalty area for much of the second half "

eh !

what game were you watching ?