Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

How far into the season????

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now if i remember correctly at the start of last season you were slagging Pardew off big time on here and claimed that he would be the first Premiership manager to get the sack.

[/quote]I wasn''t too far out with Alex McCleish lasting about 12 months was I?  I see that you didn''t add a view to that particular thread - now why doesn''t that surprise me?

[/quote]

I refer the billybigbollox to the stopped clock I mentioned earlier[O]

[/quote]This stopped clock is correct at least twice a day though Nutty.Nevermind, at least you have been brave enough to say what you would do if in McNally''s shoes this season, without the benefit of hindsight. So perhaps you could be right on this and I could be wrong, again?Well done!Now if just some of the others who tell me how I am wrong so often could do the same.We know Tilly has been on holiday, but where are all those others hiding?  [:S]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now if i remember correctly at the start of last season you were slagging Pardew off big time on here and claimed that he would be the first Premiership manager to get the sack.

[/quote]

I wasn''t too far out with Alex McCleish lasting about 12 months was I?  I see that you didn''t add a view to that particular thread - now why doesn''t that surprise me?

[/quote]

I refer the billybigbollox to the stopped clock I mentioned earlier[O]

[/quote]

This stopped clock is correct at least twice a day though Nutty.

Nevermind, at least you have been brave enough to say what you would do if in McNally''s shoes this season, without the benefit of hindsight. So perhaps you could be right on this and I could be wrong, again?

Well done!

Now if just some of the others who tell me how I am wrong so often could do the same.

We know Tilly has been on holiday, but where are all those others hiding?  [:S]

[/quote]

It''s not up to you what others post Smudger.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Anyway, nice holiday?  Shame it wasn''t a one way ticket!

[/quote]

Lovely holiday thanks and cannot wait for the next one.You meet some great people in hotels and bars to discuss football with even though they may see things differently so probably a waste of time you going in that case. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it is yours hey ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="The acolyte"]It''s amazing what the weak will do in order to deny the truth and attack the truth. Look at how these fools have banded togethor.Keep going smudger, knock it in their small ''eds.[Y][/quote]

You found him[Y]

Well done Aco. Now we''d better give smudger a couple of moments to grasp those apron strings and then we can carry on...

[/quote]You appear to have found Tilly''s as well...Just saying is all... [;)] [:P]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="The acolyte"]It''s amazing what the weak will do in order to deny the truth and attack the truth. Look at how these fools have banded togethor.

Keep going smudger, knock it in their small ''eds.[Y]
[/quote]

You found him[Y]

Well done Aco. Now we''d better give smudger a couple of moments to grasp those apron strings and then we can carry on...

[/quote]

You appear to have found Tilly''s as well...

Just saying is all... [;)] [:P]
[/quote]

And you found me. Shame you were shy at the fans forum and didn''t find me then, I don''t bite[8o|][;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Both McNally and Bowkett have said how important it is to still be in the premier league next season. Anybody who was at the fans forum would have been left in no doubt how they felt. If you weren''t there I can tell you that they stressed the importance of that more strongly than any poster on this messageboard has. I find it unthinkable that they don''t have a plan b to put into place at a time when they believe a change would be able to make a difference. That time obviously isn''t now. So now we want them to support the manager don''t we? Or do any of you seriously think they should be piling more pressure on him?

[/quote]

Nutty, of course I wasn''t there but I trust your judgment and read of the situation, both because of how I see you judging other issues on this forum and, also, because of my own perception of Bowkett and McNally and firmly believe that they will always have an alternate plan if things are not working out. I find it interesting, however, that Highland Canary, in an earlier post on this thread, was at the same meeting and ended up with a completely different impression, quote, "Listening to Bowkett and McNally at the fans'' forum, in my opinion, Hughton will still be our manager even if we are bottom at Christmas and finish 20th."

[/quote]

Well it seems Bowkett has repeated those words when unveiling the latest accounts. I don''t know why Highland didn''t pick up on it at the fans forum. Maybe he wasn''t listening, maybe he''d gone for a pi.. to the rest room, or maybe it was a different fans forum. Highland?

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]We''re comfortably mid table at christmas, what do you do?1. Apologise for being so bloody negative        OR2. Stop posting anti Hughton bile on here and recognise that he had never really been given a proper chance....[/quote]Can we have a bit of both please?! [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

This why I admire Peter Grant, unlike Hughton, Peter had the honesty and courage to admit he couldn''t do the job.

City, aided by the likes of LDC, will blindly plod along, defeat following defeat until relegation is assured, then it will be ''oh, but he must be given a chance to get us back up again''...........its Worthy time again folks.

CH is a car crash in waiting for us.............call the AA.

[/quote]Worth another read I think [:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]What I don''t understand amongst all the posters that think we should change the manager during the season, is why they think it will make any difference.   Switching mid stream is not sensible.   Get another manager in and you are not guaranteed anything.  Its just a lottery.

The sacking and bringing in another management team - whoever they are - does not mean we are any more likely to survive this season.  Imo you are more likely to get improvement in performance if you let the present manager do his job, get the team playing how he wants them to play - and develop through the season.    We started slowly - we can improve.  Its not rocket science - and its a heck of a sight better than switching managers mid season. 

I really think the drama queens should get real and start supporting the club.   Getting rid is not a good path to take - improvement and building understanding and performance with the present manager is the best option. 

Simply give the man time to do his job.   

[/quote]

Christ, thank fluck you don''t make the decisions!

[/quote]How wrong could you be? How wrong could you beeee? Oh norfolkbroadslim, how wrong could you be? [8]

Nutty wrote:

Well it seems Bowkett has repeated those words when unveiling the latest accounts. I don''t know why Highland didn''t pick up on it at the fans forum. Maybe he wasn''t listening, maybe he''d gone for a pi.. to the rest room, or maybe it was a different fans forum. Highland?

There was the perception I took from the meeting. I guess you always bring your own bias to the interpretation of a narrative.

Thankfully, the issue is immaterial now. The team have performed heroically. Even if a collapse occurs post-Christmas, I cannot believe that the board would look to a new manager in March/April. It''s still my view that should we find ourselves in the Championship, Hughton would be given the opportunity to return us to the PL.

[quote user="lake district canary"]As long as it takes.   No point in getting worried about relegation at this stage.      If it takes half a season to get going its ok - as long as we do get going at some stage.   "Must wins" and "Must stay up" are just emotional targets, not realistic targets.   The only realistic target is to get the team to gel.   Once the team starts winning a few games we can be confident that things are on the up - however long it takes.

[/quote]

Some real sense amongst the tripe