Sign in to follow this  
The Goal Threat

Why can't we play like Swansea?

Look at the way the Swans are playing. They have scored 8 goals without conceding in the first two games.

Our players have much of the same qualities, Fox is like Britton, Howson like Allen/Guzman/Ki, Snodgrass like Michu, Pilkington like Sinclair/Allen and Holt/Morison like Graham.

Imagine how we would be doing if our manager''s name was Laudrup.

Looking at Hughton''s tactics I think this is what he has in mind......

[quote user="NCNOR"]Look at the way the Swans are playing. They have scored 8 goals without conceding in the first two games.

Our players have much of the same qualities, Fox is like Britton, Howson like Allen/Guzman/Ki, Snodgrass like Michu, Pilkington like Sinclair/Allen and Holt/Morison like Graham.

Imagine how we would be doing if our manager''s name was Laudrup.[/quote]

Stop Whining.

I have to say hats off to Swansea, didn''t like the way the press fawned over them last season compared to us but judging by that game at least Laudrup is taking them to another level. They don''t seem to be passing for the sake of it like last year, every move seemed to be part of their gameplan. Sure they''ve only played 2 teams that are likely to be in or around the relegation zone come the end of the season, but on that performance they should be aiming for Europe.

As far as why we can''t play that way, well Swansea have be iterating on their passing style for years and have ensured that new managers that come in want to continue in the same way, you can''t just decide to play that way overnight.

Can''t see us doing that again this season, but obvious I hope we do. Swansea just look better this season, so credit to them. If NCFC play like we did today in other games than I will be just as happy.

Before wanting to play like Swansea, they need to be able to play as a team.

After todays game it is obvious they need to strengthen the squad as QPR played really really poor.......! The first half was ok , but the second half was the most non entertaining match you will see all season. Snodgrass was the best player on the pitch and was always wanting the ball, pilkington should have got in the game more as he looked good, when he shouted for the ball.......

Making substitusions with a few minutes to go was ridiculous.....

I give CH 4 months........ then the sack.   

[quote user="billyboy"]

Before wanting to play like Swansea, they need to be able to play as a team.

After todays game it is obvious they need to strengthen the squad as QPR played really really poor.......! The first half was ok , but the second half was the most non entertaining match you will see all season. Snodgrass was the best player on the pitch and was always wanting the ball, pilkington should have got in the game more as he looked good, when he shouted for the ball.......

Making substitusions with a few minutes to go was ridiculous.....

I give CH 4 months........ then the sack.   

[/quote]

Did you watch any of the game today?

[quote user="billyboy"]Yes all of it.....[/quote]

You sure? I thought the second half was pretty good and leaves us in a good shape,with confidence for next week.The new boys came in and did a great job.We were a little unfortunate with our finishing,and yes the subs could have come on a bit earlier,but other than that nothing to complain about.