Sign in to follow this  
Les

player pic from the past

hi all, I''m looking for a pic of a player from 70''s - 80''s, anyone remember Glen Self?

any links to whereabouts of a pic?

cheers in advance.

did have an autograph of him acquired at some evening opening night or something, that was about 69/70, he had quite a severe parting if I remember - odd how things stick with you

was only here for a few years then, never the 80''s

[quote user="City1st"]

was only here for a few years then, never the 80''s

[/quote]

70-73 I think then he went to Lowestoft.

could it be?[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/01/article-0-0D6A9C37000005DC-269_634x427.jpg[/img]

No it isn''t rootin. It can''t be wiz because he got his wand snapped when he got expelled from Hogwarts when he was younger. Check my sig for details...

debuted for City April 1970, found that earlier.

Need a pic really to settle a family argument/discussion.

I''m sure he''s related to my grt g/father on my mothers side whose pic is uncannily similar to one of Glenn Self I saw many years ago in an old matchday programme.

that''s the guy City1st, thanks for that.

Need to find the pic when he played for Norwich, he had a droopy tache then too, just like pic of great grandfather.

I''ve had a cheek with old team pics of those years and he doesn''t appear in any

the first team and the reserves were kept ''seperate'' in those days

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Can''t help you with Glen''s pic  Les. But if you follow the link below you''ll find a pic of his son Danny who was at the academy a fedw years ago.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/self.htm

[/quote]

That pic is hilarious of Danny...never knew he had hair. He''s currently at Wroxham although out with a hand injury at the moment.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Can''t help you with Glen''s pic  Les. But if you follow the link below you''ll find a pic of his son Danny who was at the academy a fedw years ago.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/self.htm

[/quote]

That pic is hilarious of Danny...never knew he had hair. He''s currently at Wroxham although out with a hand injury at the moment.

[/quote]

I never saw Danny play but I did see Glenn. As a youngster I used to watch the ressies a lot and he was quite a prolific scorer but didn''t get many first team starts. I''m sure he scored for the first team though. He would have been playing at about the time Ron Saunders was first manager.

I think he played 5 times and scored twice

you were lucky living in the City, as a lad out in the sticks it was travel ''al la thumb'', not always the best of methods getting home from night matches ... Eastern Counties stopped running after seven

I know Glenn quite well, infact I think he owes me a pint!!!

Next time I see him I''ll ask him if he''s got any photos from the old days.