Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Darel Russell

first saw him as a 16 year old in an f.a youth cup match at leyton against spurs ( they played their youth games at brisbane road that season, and by coincidence, after we beat them we were drawn away to leyton in the next round). spurs brought a stick insect called crouch on in the second half. but i, and the fans around me, were really impressed with russell, made him m.o.m. green was in goal if i remember.

I remeber him scoring in front of the Barclay on his 18th birthday and taking his shirt off.  Mrs D got a bit over excited.He should also be remembered for one of the best ever Radio Norfolk quotes.  After being sent off for pushing someone over he said "If I''d known I was going to get a red, I would have really tw*tted him".  Priceless.

Also the goal which effectively secured us the League One championship....great finish against Gillingham.

I think he''ll find a club very soon at League one level

Always remember him as being one of the unluckiest players we''ve ever had. I''m sure he left us for Stoke and that same season we got promoted to the Premiership. Then after we''d got relegated he joined us back from Stoke, they then went and got promoted and we got relegated the next season. Then after we''d got back into the Championship he went off to join Preston....

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

Always thought this boy could make it, but for whatever reason hasn''t and is now out of contract!

This also encouraged me to take a trip down ''memory lane'' http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8620715.stm

Love the comment from the Leicester fan :)

[/quote]

I''m interested in your viewpoint that he "never made it"?. He''s played consistently at Championship level for the most part for the last 15 years, I''d say he''s carved out a pretty decent career and at 32 years old now, I''d say he''ll be fairly financially well off for the rest of his life?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]

Always thought this boy could make it, but for whatever reason hasn''t and is now out of contract! This also encouraged me to take a trip down ''memory lane'' http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8620715.stm

Love the comment from the Leicester fan :)

[/quote]Another interesting thing about that is that Simeon Jackson was playing for Gillingham! He''s a good man to have on the pitch when you''re wanting to get promoted, it seems!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Apparently Rusty has invested his earnings pretty well so I don''t think he''ll be selling the big issue anytime soon[/quote]

I think he still owns an apartment on Riverside in Norwich.

I know from twitter that rusty rents out a tidy looking house in las Vegas

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/st-albans-a-report-301048.aspx

Looks as though Russell and ball played for Stevenage last night