Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Still hot on Davies

This is what I''ve heard, also in for another striker but couldn''t weedle who it was out of my source. I won''t reveal my source but he has been right before, revealing Bradley Johnson last season.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]This is what I''ve heard, also in for another striker but couldn''t weedle who it was out of my source. I won''t reveal my source but he has been right before, revealing Bradley Johnson last season.

[/quote]
I''d be happy with Davies and a striker in. 
Davies and Bassong would be an excellent CB partnership for us imo.
Keep working on your source re: the striker.
I''m going to trust this is legit as it''s coming from you.

Interesting.
I don''t think you''ve ever posted a rumour before, so you''ve obviously heard something.
Seeing as last time something like this happened, I acted a complete a*se and was proven wrong anyway I''m going to see what happens.
If we did pull this off I''d be very pleased. 

I guess we know Forest were keen on Ward, and Wednesday on Leon, so perhaps this could happen and we''ll see those guys leave on loan. We''ve already had rather a large defensive makeover vs who we had here last season at this stage, but it was probably needed.

I''ll be completely honest, my source is right more often than not and tipped me on Johnson and a few others like Whitbread but also told me in the Championship season we were almost certain to sign Rhodes which obviously never came to fruition. I really hope this is true but I believe we''re in for a striker even if he has got it wrong.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Was pretty bad tonight against Sheff Wed.[/quote]Lowering his price to get a move;) lol.I personally would have LOVED to see Dragovic, but think he''s out of our range. If Ward and Leon go and are replaced by someone better then that''s a good thing. A striker is an interesting one..I''d like a creative, pacey one that can finish..would cost a bit though no doubt! I''d really just want Vaughan to start at the moment in all honesty!

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Was pretty bad tonight against Sheff Wed.[/quote]Lowering his price to get a move;) lol.I personally would have LOVED to see Dragovic, but think he''s out of our range. If Ward and Leon go and are replaced by someone better then that''s a good thing. A striker is an interesting one..I''d like a creative, pacey one that can finish..would cost a bit though no doubt! I''d really just want Vaughan to start at the moment in all honesty![/quote]Basel lost the first leg of their Champions'' League qualifier tonight - if they don''t make the group stage they might be more open to negotiation over Dragovic - still think he will go to a much larger club than Norwich, would make it into many other top clubs around Europe.Now Norwich have bought Bassong I can''t see anymore major spending on center backs.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Was pretty bad tonight against Sheff Wed.[/quote]Lowering his price to get a move;) lol.I personally would have LOVED to see Dragovic, but think he''s out of our range. If Ward and Leon go and are replaced by someone better then that''s a good thing. A striker is an interesting one..I''d like a creative, pacey one that can finish..would cost a bit though no doubt! I''d really just want Vaughan to start at the moment in all honesty![/quote]Basel lost the first leg of their Champions'' League qualifier tonight - if they don''t make the group stage they might be more open to negotiation over Dragovic - still think he will go to a much larger club than Norwich, would make it into many other top clubs around Europe.Now Norwich have bought Bassong I can''t see anymore major spending on center backs.[/quote]

Too right, on all counts.

Apologies if proven wrong in the near future, but I don''t think we are or ever have been interested in Curtis Davies- nor any of Hughton''s former charges at Birmingham- regardless of what the crappy tabloid press has said.

That is not to say that we won''t be in for him or others in the future. It just makes more sense to me that Hughton would have agreed to not come in for any of Birmingham''s players for a certain period.

Meh!

[quote user="Militant Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Militant Canary"]Was pretty bad tonight against Sheff Wed.[/quote]Lowering his price to get a move;) lol.I personally would have LOVED to see Dragovic, but think he''s out of our range. If Ward and Leon go and are replaced by someone better then that''s a good thing. A striker is an interesting one..I''d like a creative, pacey one that can finish..would cost a bit though no doubt! I''d really just want Vaughan to start at the moment in all honesty![/quote]Basel lost the first leg of their Champions'' League qualifier tonight - if they don''t make the group stage they might be more open to negotiation over Dragovic - still think he will go to a much larger club than Norwich, would make it into many other top clubs around Europe.Now Norwich have bought Bassong I can''t see anymore major spending on center backs.[/quote]

Too right, on all counts.

Apologies if proven wrong in the near future, but I don''t think we are or ever have been interested in Curtis Davies- nor any of Hughton''s former charges at Birmingham- regardless of what the crappy tabloid press has said.

That is not to say that we won''t be in for him or others in the future. It just makes more sense to me that Hughton would have agreed to not come in for any of Birmingham''s players for a certain period.

Meh![/quote]Hughton himself admitted a while back he was very much interested in him. We''ll see...