Sign in to follow this  
starfish

Whittaker Registration??

http://pfascotland.co.uk/2012/news/statement-on-issue-of-itcs-to-players/

PFA Scotland Solicitor Margaret Gribbon of Bridge Litigation has today written to all English Premier League and Championship Clubs responding to Charles Green’s letter to them dated 29th June 2012.

Ms Gribbon stated “I have been furnished with a copy of Mr Green’s letter sent to English Clubs in their top two divisions and consider that it amounts to an attempt to deliberately misrepresent my clients position. I have therefore today sent a detailed letter to the Clubs setting out the facts and repeating our very firm legal view that Mr Green’s allegations of breach of contract are entirely without legal merit. My clients are free agents and I am pleased to note that several Premier League Clubs have already made applications to the SFA for International Transfer Certificates indicating that they attach little weight to Mr Green’s assertion that Sevco is entitled to seek damages for breach of contract”

“Furthermore it should also be noted that the SFA has confirmed that in the event of there being a dispute over registration the matter will be referred to FIFA. We can confirm that the SFA has today rejected to issue the registration for one of our clients to an English Premier League Club. The Club in question disputes the rejection and will now write to FIFA seeking their intervention. We expect a speedy response from FIFA.”

Well this EPL club is either us or Everton.  McNasty''s reason for not attending the press conference yesterday?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Well this EPL club is either us or Everton.  McNasty''s reason for not attending the press conference yesterday?[/quote]
Stoke have also signed a rangers player, Jamie Ness.
This is going to be fun...

I don''t get it? I think I may be having a thick moment....

First paragraph they''re saying those players are free agents, second paragraph they''re rejecting a signing?

The letter is from the Scottish PFA.  They want their clients, the players, to be able to walk away from Rangers Newco and sign a new contract with whoever.  EPL clubs have to seek international clearance for any Scottish player they sign who is registered with them. 

The second paragraph refers to the decision today by the Scottish FA to refuse to give such clearance to an EPL club.  The EPL club have thus appealed to FIFA.  Hopefully this is only the Scottish FA using this to seek clarification of the position rather than them trying to protect Rangers Newco.  If the latter then it really is the end of professional football in Scotland in the short term because all players will potentially walk!

[quote user="87canary"]I don''t get it? I think I may be having a thick moment....

First paragraph they''re saying those players are free agents, second paragraph they''re rejecting a signing?[/quote]
The players association (think of it like a players union, that all professional players are members of) says that in their view (and their lawyers view) that any player who rejects a transfer to Ranger NewCo. is a free agent and is allowed to transfer to any team when a deal has been agreed. However the Scottish FA have the players international registration, as such any transfer across international boarders requires the Scottish FA''s approval, which the SFA have refused to give. FIFA may now get involved and ''force'' the transfer through.  

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="87canary"]I don''t get it? I think I may be having a thick moment....

First paragraph they''re saying those players are free agents, second paragraph they''re rejecting a signing?[/quote]
The players association (think of it like a players union, that all professional players are members of) says that in their view (and their lawyers view) that any player who rejects a transfer to Ranger NewCo. is a free agent and is allowed to transfer to any team when a deal has been agreed. However the Scottish FA have the players international registration, as such any transfer across international boarders requires the Scottish FA''s approval, which the SFA have refused to give. FIFA may now get involved and ''force'' the transfer through.  
[/quote]
Shefcanary beat me to the punch... [:S]

Actually:

Rangers are no more (in liquidation, at best a zombie club now)

Sevco is the name of the new company (arguably not even a club yet), owned/fronted by Charles Green who claims that all players with zombie Rangers should TUPE across to Sevco. Virtually no employment lawyer agrees with him

The SFA (Scottish Football Association) doesn''t want to upset Sevco, and has refused to clear the transfer - clearly passing the buck to FIFA, to whom Norwich (Whittaker), Everton (Naismith) and Stoke (Ness) must now contact to get the position ratified

The way football is run in Scotland is corrupt, and the single biggest reason I still travel south several times a year to see the Canaries (and I did this during the League 1 days too). And I''m by no means the only active Scotland based supporter

Finally, we have the SPL (CEO one Neil Donkeycaster), who is now one of the most hated/ridiculed men associated with Scottish football due to the way he''s completely ignored the views of virtually every non Zombie/Rangers/Sevco fan in Scotland. He''s probably a dead man walking now, but (and does this sound familiar) he has a winning combination of huge ego and limited brains, and hasn''t quite worked this out yet.

I''ll be at Celtic Park on 24 July for the "party", as Celtic fans roll out the jelly and ice cream which has come to symbolise their glee at Rangers complete and utter demise.

To get your heads around how seismic this is in Scotland, imagine a scenario where the league comprised of the two Manc clubs and the rest at L2 level, then one of the Manc clubs goes spectacularly bust but is voted straight back in, in a new form as though nothing had happened. Fans won''t stand for it - integrity over money!

As Rangers FC have now gone bust, don''t Whittaker and his team mates remain as assets of the old business, to be disposed of  with any transfer fee going to pay the  creditors?.

On a legal standpoint, I really don''t understand where newco think they have a leg to stand on.

there contract was to Glas. Rangers! to transfer it over they would need the players consent (much like when trying to sell a player, if they can''t agree to personal terms, it doesn''t happen.) if the players don''t give consent, they stay with the old team, which is no longer there. so therefore they are free agents.

Green is trying to create hassle as he understands, legally, he has no right.

Under TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings - Protection of Employees regulations) the players, as employees, have the right to transfer to any new or successor employer (ie Sevco "Rangers") or to seek their own new employment, as the old business is now bust and unable to continue to honour their contracts. Zombie Rangers have a lot of footballing debts (ie money owed to other clubs for players they purchased) which they were unable to meet, so I for one have no sympathy that they can''t cash in after the event, even if this fails to benefit creditors. Either way, don''t see why Newco should benefit.

Anyway, what''s important for Norwich is that Whittaker''s registration is swiftly concluded and second that we don''t have to eat into the transfer budget.