Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Wilbraham to Palace looks a done deal..

I was still hoping Hughton would want to re-sign him.

Anyway, good luck to him. He''ll fire Palace to promotion and re-join us in the top flight next season!!

[quote user="Larry David"]You can get rid of your embarrassing signature now [<:o)][/quote]

Why?

I do only trust me.

And trust you to corrupt and hijack a thread. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/unhappy-054.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Larry David"]You can get rid of your embarrassing signature now [<:o)][/quote]

Why?

I do only trust me.

And trust you to corrupt and hijack a thread. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/unhappy-054.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]

It was in response to the OP but works pretty well for you too [:$]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I was still hoping Hughton would want to re-sign him. Anyway, good luck to him. He''ll fire Palace to promotion and re-join us in the top flight next season!![/quote]

Yeah GP, he didn''t let us down, one more year would have been nice.

Yeah I reckon he''ll do a decent job for Palace. I hope so anyway, top bloke and always gave us 100% - deserves to end his career with some success.

[quote user="alartz"]Do you lot really care? I''d have drove him there.

Let''s get in a better striker. One that can score more than one goal a season[/quote]I do care yes. Wilbraham came across as the model pro. He was highly thought of by the rest of the squad as was clear from their warmness towards him on Twitter.He was never brought in to be our main striker, he was always a backup striker and squad player. He never looked out of his depth either imo which is credit to him considering the lack of game time he had.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="alartz"]Do you lot really care? I''d have drove him there.

Let''s get in a better striker. One that can score more than one goal a season[/quote]I do care yes. Wilbraham came across as the model pro. He was highly thought of by the rest of the squad as was clear from their warmness towards him on Twitter.He was never brought in to be our main striker, he was always a backup striker and squad player. He never looked out of his depth either imo which is credit to him considering the lack of game time he had.[/quote]
Something me and you can agree on Andy, well said.

If we want to push on, we really need to be looking higher than AW. Who cares if he was a nice guy, the bloke was a pretty poor footballer. I would much rather have a complete arsehole playing who scores 20 goals a season.

[quote user="Larry David"]

If we want to push on, we really need to be looking higher than AW. Who cares if he was a nice guy, the bloke was a pretty poor footballer. I would much rather have a complete arsehole playing who scores 20 goals a season.

[/quote]A complete a$$hole wouldn''t be happy to fulfill the role that AW did. That''s the point.. How daft do you have to be to think that we could get a back up sub £500k striker who''s happy to sit on the bench (if he''s lucky) for 2 years who is capable of 20 goals.You can''t compare AW to our main striker because that''s not what he was.And on what evidence was he a poor footballer?

Thats a good move for him and he should get a considerable amount of game time next season.  Good luck to him.

He was never brought in to bother the top of the scoring charts, but he played an important role both on and off the pitch and he never once let us down.

I wish him nothing but the best.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Wilbraham was never brought in to be a first choice premier league striker, he wasn''t even brought in to be a first choice championship striker. That said whenever he has been called upon he has done a decent job for us, he may not have scored many goals but his touch and hold up play was generally quite good. We must all remember how far we have come in the last 3 years, some players will not make the step up but that does not devalue their contribution to our rise.

Good luck Wilbrahamovic.

Was disappointed to see him go personally... Near the end of last season he slowly began to stake a real claim for starting Premier League games! Showed that on occasion he has a real monster of a shot in him and as others have said before me, he truly ran his legs into the ground no matter at what stage of the game he was brought on.

Best of luck to him!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Why?

I do only trust me.

[/quote]

ha ha its not all about you wiz [:D]