Sign in to follow this  
Rich T

Canary fans at Euro 2012

Some pics of our Euro tour at Poznan, Poland. Was fantastic time, took in the Ireland v Croatia and Italy Croatia games. Wore our city and England colours all trip- no hassle at all, atmosphere was unbelievable and managed to do the Poznan celebration with the Irish fans in Poznan. Hope you can view photos i''ve uploaded...

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/jacktt/

I see you guys wore both 2011-12 and 2012-13 season kit - which is better for such a trip in your opinion?  About to pack and wonder which to take.

Will check your pics out later. I went to England v Sweden in Kiev, Denmark v Germany in Lviv and Italy v Ireland in Poznan. Fantastic trip, loved all three cities and despite some tricky travelling logistics it all ran with unprecedented smoothness!

Particular NCFC-related highlight was a visit to the historic FC Start stadium in Kiev (where the 1942 ''Death Match'' took place) where an amateur football team who play in yellow and green were having a few beers after training, got chatting and they knew NCFC well from watching Premier League games, spent a very pleasant couple of hours sharing their beers on the dilapidated terraces as they chanted ''Norwich City! Norwich City'' across the stadium! The most famous football ground I''ll ever have a kickabout on as well. Surreal but awesome!

nice one s10, I have just read Andy DOUGANS book on the death match-which is an excellant and moving account. After reading it and after being so impressed with Poland I really want to visit Kiev and FC START''S stadium.

We had many highlight''s including singing to hundreds of Irish fans "WESLEY''S TOO GOOD FOR..." Which I must say they all agreed with... Never seeing so many absolutely hammered drunk fans at a match- I don''t think there was a sober Irish or Croat fan in the ground.

Singing the Polish national anthem at the fanzone and hundreds of them applauding us after we started singing "POLSKA WE WILL SING FOR YOU."

Didn''t know what to expect from eastern europe- but loved it!!

Although I was wearing the new top- I actually prefer last seasons.... take them both!OTBC!!

Well that smiley should have been a wink after the question, I really haven''t got the hang of this at all.

Thanks for posting, looks like it was good fun. I need to get myself off to one of these big tournaments.