Sign in to follow this  
Stig

Confidence for our season

I have it, in our squad, in our manager and in the board. Everything about Norwich is improving very gradually. We''ve come on leaps and bounds since getting into the Championship and beyond.

From our signings to our new kit (which might I add, the black is amazing. It''s so slick, the shirt screams high quality.) Norwich City Football Club just feels like it will excel and surpass expectations for another season. It''s not arrogance I''m feeling, it just truly is confidence.

Is anyone else feeling this confident in what we have going?

Im feeling confident about ourselves. We have four good signings (or five really if you count Vaughan!) and, despite what others say, a balanced finance and good transfer budget.

I truly believe we could better than last year and stay in the Premier league for a long time.

Not wishing to knock this at all.  However, there''s a difference between thinking we WILL do well and COULD do well.     Nothing is a given.  We should be confident in everything done so far, but it all counts for nothing at the end of the day.     Don''t forget that fantastic pre-season we had with Gunn.................couldn''t have been better, new players, confident attractive football, 100% record...........................

I will only feel confident when I see us winning competetive matches.   Just knowing we have done everything we can to get into a strong position before the season starts is great, but will only translate to confidence if it turns into results.  However well its going, it''s still only "pre-season"!

I think it will be a lot tougher than last season just because every team is strengthening their squads quite well (Well maybe not West Brom and Wigan). But I am still confident we''ll stay up as we have a great team and a good manager.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Not wishing to knock this at all.  However, there''s a difference between thinking we WILL do well and COULD do well.     Nothing is a given.  We should be confident in everything done so far, but it all counts for nothing at the end of the day.     Don''t forget that fantastic pre-season we had with Gunn.................couldn''t have been better, new players, confident attractive football, 100% record...........................

I will only feel confident when I see us winning competetive matches.   Just knowing we have done everything we can to get into a strong position before the season starts is great, but will only translate to confidence if it turns into results.  However well its going, it''s still only "pre-season"!

[/quote]Yeah and we ended up walking the league??? :)

last season, i felt 100% (well maybe 98.5%) sure that we would not struggle with relegation.this season, though not pessimistically foreseeing the drop, i''m certainly not as confident as i was last year. maybe its the ''knowledge'' i had that lambert would keep us up, to the unknown of hughton: or perhaps because everyone (apart from - as someone else said - wba and wigan; also maybe swansea) seems to be a lot better this year, both the teams coming up, as well as those staying up - even qpr haave got to gel into a team at some point.i think we will stay up but i wouldn''t bet a great deal on it, unlike last year  - hopefully after a few signings or a few decent results.always supportive though, ever hopeful.

The main stem of my confidence is the quality of our signings. They are all good players, while not top notch they are decent in their own positions. Also, our new manager has top flight experience - he knows how to handle this league and whats needed.

Arguably our squad is stronger than last seasons, just a player or two more and we''ll be sussed.

Of course I could be entirely wrong about all of this and second season syndrome could slap us in the face, but I''ve got my fingers crossed :]

I think it will be a lot tougher than last season.  I feel the division is stronger and it is very hard to name a team who look almost certain to get relegated.  However we have got stronger ourselves and I have every faith in Chris Hughton.  I think we will stay up but we could potentially be bottom 6.

Everything Ncfc is pulling in the right direction, from Manager to new signings and the feel good factor which still exist''s even after Lambert''s departure.

I feel that once again we have a chance of competing in this league and ruffling a few of the big boy''s feathers but for me the most important thing to remain in this league is a positive start, as with last year, a few early wins will breed the confidence to build on for the tough winter months the Premier League usually brings.

Roll on August 18th, let''s put one over Fulham for once :)

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]I have it, in our squad, in our manager and in the board. Everything about Norwich is improving very gradually. We''ve come on leaps and bounds since getting into the Championship and beyond.

From our signings to our new kit (which might I add, the black is amazing. It''s so slick, the shirt screams high quality.) Norwich City Football Club just feels like it will excel and surpass expectations for another season. It''s not arrogance I''m feeling, it just truly is confidence.

Is anyone else feeling this confident in what we have going?[/quote]Frankly, the new kit is the least of my concerns. Agree that confidence shouldn''t be too knocked after Saturday but that was one hell of a wake up call.