Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

shackell dissapointed

with shackell looking so confident quick brilliant in the air commanding everything you look for in a centre back.. please please please tell me why its took this long for the lad to get a regular run out. ive even heard rumours bigger clubs are looking at him. considering we been very poor in defence this season escpeciaaly in the air not been able to cope with set pieces etc makes it even more confusing, does anybody else know why. this is not meant for a dig at worthy as i am fully behind him. think his a great manager even if we do go down every confidence he will bring us back up at the first attempt.

[quote]with shackell looking so confident quick brilliant in the air commanding everything you look for in a centre back.. please please please tell me why its took this long for the lad to get a regular run...[/quote]

What bigger clubs would they be then allways travelli

[quote]with shackell looking so confident quick brilliant in the air commanding everything you look for in a centre back.. please please please tell me why its took this long for the lad to get a regular run...[/quote]

I am sure put Jason Shackell aside until the Manchester City game was Worthy''s biggest mistake of the season. Tell me, what did Shack did wrong in the Newcastle United League Cup game at St James Park? He attack Hucks free kick against the cross bar which after that game, we seldom saw any of our players did that.

How do we know he would have done so well if we''d put him in at the beginning of the season?  Maybe the 6 months in the reserves playing against good oppo and getting used to the Premiership training routine did him good?  If Worthy had thrown him in at the deep end and Shacks hadn''t done as well, his confidence might have been knocked 

we could see how good shackell was in the few games he had last season , and yet its only now he''s got in the side ,  even with the  defence performing like the keystone cops . maybe , just maybe , when were relegated the penny might just drop regarding safri , and why holt is still playing , on second thoughts that maybe just too much to hope for .

[quote]What bigger clubs would they be then allways travelli[/quote]

I mentioned before that a friend of mine who lives in London heard that a couple of the London clubs were regularly sending scouts along to watch him play.  It is more likely we are talking Charlton or Fulham, but after the way he played against Drogba, maybe Mourinho may fancy him to play alongside John Terry, he is after all British.

I have been watch J.S in the reserves this year and earlier on this season I thought he looked ordinary. Since he came into the the team despite a very nervous 1st half against Man. City he has settled in very well, maybe he rises to a callenge?

[quote]How do we know he would have done so well if we''d put him in at the beginning of the season? Maybe the 6 months in the reserves playing against good oppo and getting used to the Premiership training ...[/quote]

Hello DumbleDelia is M..., when you look at our "experienced" pair of center halves -- 33 years old Craig Fleming and 32 years old Simon Charlton at the start of the season, plenty of experience but lack of height and dynamic you know.

I remember quite well about the first game of the season, when AJ beaten Fleming to score the equaliser, the English commentator said a defender never let your striker ran across you -- how many times did Fleming allowed our oppositions to do that? Only once Shack was on the wrong side of Wright-Phillips, otherwise he never put a foot wrong.

See if we were still in mid-table, when Shack was called upon to play, he won''t have too many pressure; now when Shack made his debut against MC, his record was played 3, Norwich lost 3! It was a poor record but all of his 3 performances deserved 3 Man of the Match awards! I guess the pressure he had now was much heavier than if we are in mid-table, but how well can he handle? So, did pressure affect Shack? NO.