Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Luke Chambers, a substantial rumour for once!

CB and Captain at Forest. According to Forest sources we are in for him. Quite a lot of chat on Twitter, some of it from reputable sources.

Looks substantial. Can''t complain if he is a free transfer, we need some better players at centre back. Also, another captain! How many former captains have we got now? Ryan Bennett, Russell Martin, Elliot Ward, Johnny Howson...

I have friends who are Nottingham Forest ST  holders and due to living in the city for three years, they''re a team who I always look out for. During the season when we were in the Championship, Chambers looked like a real solid CB and was quite a threat up the other end with corners if I remember rightly; I was hoping Lambert was going to make a move for him when we got promoted. However, this season gone has been a bit of disaster from what I can make out, many fans wanted him stripped of the captaincy and for him to leave the club this summer. Apparently his performaces and attitude has been awful and I suppose when you consider that he was highly rated one season and then the next they can''t wait for him to leave the club, suggests something isn''t right. If the rumours are true though, we all know how thorough Lambert and his team are when researching potential signings, and I''m sure Chambers will soon get back to his best and improve further should he move here, so despite the fact that I know my Forest supporting friends will tell me that this is a signing us Norwich fans should not be happy with, especially considering he is out of contract, I think it could be a good bit of business if true.

[quote user="alysha"]

I have friends who are Nottingham Forest ST  holders and due to living in the city for three years, they''re a team who I always look out for. During the season when we were in the Championship, Chambers looked like a real solid CB and was quite a threat up the other end with corners if I remember rightly; I was hoping Lambert was going to make a move for him when we got promoted. However, this season gone has been a bit of disaster from what I can make out, many fans wanted him stripped of the captaincy and for him to leave the club this summer. Apparently his performaces and attitude has been awful and I suppose when you consider that he was highly rated one season and then the next they can''t wait for him to leave the club, suggests something isn''t right. If the rumours are true though, we all know how thorough Lambert and his team are when researching potential signings, and I''m sure Chambers will soon get back to his best and improve further should he move here, so despite the fact that I know my Forest supporting friends will tell me that this is a signing us Norwich fans should not be happy with, especially considering he is out of contract, I think it could be a good bit of business if true.

[/quote]

I''ll go for that, despite the misgivings.

The fact that he''s a freebie tips it for me. I had hitherto fancied the Brum player, Curtis Davies, but I believe he would cost.

Chambers was Player of the Season for Forest the previous season.

The club has been in turmoil for a couple of seasons, with Billy Davies openly critical of the Board and then their rich owner suddenly passing away this season.

Have heard that some of their players are on very high wages for the Championship, so the club may be looking to cut the wage bill. Equally, some players seem to be looking to get out. Might help explain Chambers'' "bad attitude".

[quote user="Hog"]CB and Captain at Forest. According to Forest sources we are in for him. Quite a lot of chat on Twitter, some of it from reputable sources.[/quote]

What exactly is it that makes a rumour "substantial"? 

I was all for signing Chambers last summer, but got ignored by many on here when I suggested him.  Whenever I have seen him play I have been impressed, I''d imagine he might know Bradley Johnson from Northampton?  Not sure if they were in the same team or not.

Just sounds to me like Chambers is hacked off with the lack of investment and way the club is being run, and it''s affected his performances this year.Although this is slightly worrying, I can see his point in that he wants to develop and play at the highest level, yet his current club are struggling badly and despite 5 years of loyalty he feels a move is in order to get things back on track.Give him a solid club and a strong manager and we could get the best out of him, and on a free the only likely sticking point would be wages and I think we''re in a strong bargaining position here.

The attitude concerns me some what. Fair enough you have Snodgrass coming out and saying things but he''s Leeds best player and you can tell that if he had the choice he would have preferred to be in a promotion race with Leeds, but he''s frustrated with the lack of investment.Chambers just comes across like he doesn''t give a shit where he is as long as it''s, and doesn''t care about the club doing badly as long as he can get somewhere better. And to come out with that after a playing poorly for a whole season isn''t great.

[quote user="judderman"]Chambers just comes across like he doesn''t give a shit where he is as long as it''s, and doesn''t care about the club doing badly as long as he can get somewhere better. And to come out with that after a playing poorly for a whole season isn''t great.[/quote]Sounds like Assou-Ekotto tbh.We also have to realise that some players are more invested in their club than others, and if we''re being honest - how many players would look for a way out if the club got relegated/played like crap and better options were available?I think we also have to take newspaper reports with a pinch of salt, as there could equally be more going on behind the scenes to cause Chambers drop in performance/attitude.That being said, I''m not fussed either way in regards to signing him, and we''ll just have to leave the call up to PL on this one.

[quote user="judderman"]Chambers just comes across like he doesn''t give a shit where he is as long as it''s, and doesn''t care about the club doing badly as long as he can get somewhere better. And to come out with that after a playing poorly for a whole season isn''t great.[/quote]Steve Morison likes him already!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Hog"]CB and Captain at Forest. According to Forest sources we are in for him. Quite a lot of chat on Twitter, some of it from reputable sources.[/quote]

[/quote]

Because it''s on Twitter Webbo surely you know that everything on there is FACT ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

Because it''s on Twitter Webbo surely you know that everything on there is FACT ? [;)]

[/quote]

Isn''t that the thing used by that Scouser thug who plays for QPR? See what you mean. Must be right then.

He''s not really any better than what we''ve got already. A solid player at Championship level, especially good in the air & a threat in the opposition box but like Ward & Barnett I believe he''ll be found wanting at the top level.

I''d much rather we looked at Curtis Davies, he looked a good player at Prem level with both WBA & Villa before losing his way slightly but he seems to have re-discovered his previous form at Birmingham this season & still has his best years to come.