Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Paul Lambert's Aston Villa "warchest" ????

Some other facts are the 200 million invested over six years, 30 million of which was spent in the January proceeding last summer.

The wage issue was catastrophic. Our turn over has gone up and up, but then so did the wages to turnover ratio. A lot of that has been corrected. With Beye, L Young, A Young, Downing, Heskey and Carlos going that has freed up the best part of 300k a week.

There was a lot of naivety from Lerner with the trust placed in MON and the contracts handed out. A more level headed age has now been welcomed.

Not the character of players that Paul Lambert likes to work with, and those kind of attitudes always come show through eventually.

Make no mistake Lambert is one of the best managers going. But you need rebuilding, a lot, and even great managers have failures and don''t succeed at every club. It could go wrong, nothing is guaranteed. Your over 100million in debt and clearly don''t have that loyal fans. I bet you would''t get 25k in league one every weekend, you were down to what 30k last year some games. You could still easily do a leeds.

You know what sort of money they have to spend when they are talking of buying Holt for £3 million , hardly the signing of a club with money is it , oh and West Ham have had their £4,5 million offer turned down so Randy better start feeling down the back of the sofa to see if theres any pennies about.

Don''t have loyal fans? Where do you get your nonsense from?

I can understand you being upset but park the bitterness please.

We hold the record for attendances in the third division. Against Bournemouth if my memory serves me. A tad more than 25k packed into Villa Park that day.

[quote user="Dodds"]Don''t have loyal fans? Where do you get your nonsense from? I can understand you being upset but park the bitterness please.[/quote]

It''s official. He''s yours. Kindly f**k off now and leave us to lick our wounds in peace.

we had 25k week in week out, thats no longer the case now as leeds and wednesday have had close to 40k recently.

Your attendances plummeted in relation to league position, thats shows lack of loyalty, does it not?

We averaged over 33k. What of it?

Don''t try and come over all Geordie.The idea that any one set of fans is more loyal than another is nonsense.

It Lambert is a success at Villa next year i reckon he will have walked out on them by summer next for a bigger job, just as he has at every other club he has managed at.Or if the funds he has been promised don''t appear then he will walk anyway.

down from just under 40k in 2008.

We went from prem to league one losing just 500 on attendances, and with prem away followings being much larger there was actually more City fans at games in league one than our earlier single premier league stint. That''s loyalty.

[quote user="Dodds"]We averaged over 33k. What of it?

Don''t try and come over all Geordie.The idea that any one set of fans is more loyal than another is nonsense.[/quote]As evidenced by the fact that ncfc attendances have been capacity for quite a number of years whatever division and Aston Villa attendances have dropped every year since the 2007 season finished, the rate of the drop seems to correspond with your gradual decline in quality and plummeted nearly 5,000 this year as the quality of your team hit a long time low.Good luck being a big club, it''s thirty years since you won a major trophy and let''s be honest most of your success occured in the 19th century but I reckon with a little luck, a lot of patience and a huge amount of money you might make the top eight or so in the three years you have lambert..... And that will be a massive improvement of two places on our points finish for lambert only we don''t have to put up with a yank and a huge debt to get there.

[quote user="Dodds"]Don''t have loyal fans? Where do you get your nonsense from? I can understand you being upset but park the bitterness please.[/quote]

if you had a "loyal fanbase"  a third of you wouldnt have dissappeared last season just because they didnt like who the manager is.............villa are the most fickle in the league

I would imagine the rise in unemployment in the city since 2008 has had a bit of an affect. There''s no doubt some stayed away last season. But as chronic as it was, we averaged over 33k which is only a few thousand short of what it has been for ten years.

We averaged less when we won the title.

[quote user="Dodds"]I would imagine the rise in unemployment in the city since 2008 has had a bit of an affect.[/quote]

You think Norwich has been immune to the recession?!

Its actually 16 years since we won a trophy, but you''re right, that is too long. I am sure Lambert will rectify that. I would love us to win the FA Cup. I have seens us win the League Cup a few times, the title and of course the European Cup, but ner The Cup.

Yeah I forgot bout the league cup or as its now named the coc cup. Still a league cup must represent a good return for the money spent since the early 80''s but I think Villa fans are deluded if you believe Lamberts going to get you into the Champions league without enormous outside investment which ironically would get you barred  under ffp rules anyway.This year anything above 17th has to be acceptable considering what he''s starting with, next year 6-9th is a must or he''ll be off. Any higher he''ll be off to a proper big club one with recent history of success, any lower and he''s failed to improve on his prem season with us.It''s a very narrow envelope for lambert to "prove himself" to the fickle villa fans or his next employers.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

33k is only 6k more than we get.....and we would have had more than that if we had the stadium.......which we will in a couple of years time

[/quote]

You''re comparing our lowest ebb in 25 years with what you might do, maybe, in a few years time? Ok.

As for the other post, if you think we''ll finish 17th then put money on it. We both know who will be closer to the drop.

Now look here Doddy you have got what you came for namely our manager now with the greastest of respect why are you still hanging around on a Norwich City messageboard when you could be better employed talking to your mates on a Villa forum and making plans for the future ? Gloating or trying to rub it in ? Please go away and let us discuss our future because i for one don''t really give a toss for Villa,the size of your crowds,your history,your American owner or the price of a pie at Villa Park for that matter !

Thankyou for your input but we have work to do at Norwich City and you are not required.By all means tell us if you are visiting next season and some of us will be delighted to meet for a beer and compare notes then as they say but for now......DO ONE. [:@]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now look here Doddy you have got what you came for namely our manager now with the greastest of respect why are you still hanging around on a Norwich City messageboard when you could be better employed talking to your mates on a Villa forum and making plans for the future ? Gloating or trying to rub it in ? Please go away and let us discuss our future because i for one don''t really give a toss for Villa,the size of your crowds,your history,your American owner or the price of a pie at Villa Park for that matter !

Thankyou for your input but we have work to do at Norwich City and you are not required.By all means tell us if you are visiting next season and some of us will be delighted to meet for a beer and compare notes then as they say but for now......DO ONE. [:@]

[/quote]

Well said.