Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Canny Stoke have got the cash obsessed regime which is the "Prem" sussed

Hire a manager to get you promoted , to keep you there year after year, and that no other big  club will touch with a barge pole.Ladies and Gentleman i present you   TONY PULIS, But seriously  the three promoted teams Reading , Southampton and West Ham must be loving the turmoil and disarray at not one but 3 clubs Swansea , West Brom and us.Their task to stay up has got  a whole lot easier.

maybe but if reading and in particular southampton stay up then both of there managers will be hot property... i can see nigel atkins going all the way he seems to have something about him... hopefully for there fans sake they will depart with a bit more class than lambert did....

After seeing Stokes style of football it''s pretty obvious why nobody has tried to poach Pulis.Yes it works for them,and quite well really,but would ''big club''s'' fans tolerate it?Would people have been happy if Lambert had gone down their route?

If we played the same style of football as Stoke I wouldnt have a season ticket and I suspect many others wouldnt. they can keep Pulis

Talking to Stoke fans yesterday after Lambert went .and they said we can have Pulis and they dont want compensation . but i declined their offer !!!!!

[quote user="stoke canary"]

Talking to Stoke fans yesterday after Lambert went .and they said we can have Pulis and they dont want compensation . but i declined their offer !!!!!

[/quote]

[:D]

It must be a strange feeling being a Stokey.Knowing you''re safe for most of the season but also knowing you will have to watch some dire football.

They {Stoke} have had 5 or 6 years in the Prem but Pulis said recently in the local press that his aim for next season is to reach 40 points. would Norwich fans except that approach if they have had 5 or 6 years in the prem ?????

Well he has taken Stoke up and kept them up... it may be unfashionable, but I like the way they bully some of these diving, fancy players and teams.This club would not have had the success at all if it wasn''t for Pulis sticking with it, the board and chairman going for that consistency and bringing in year by year better players. He has depth in a numbero f positions and good young players like shooten coming through.I think I would love to know we are safe most seasons and can give all the teams that come to our home ground a game they will remember and have to be ready for.(1) I am sure there season tickets are cheaper than here(2) Premiership money has continued to come inIf they want to change their manager they will change a lot at the club and the steady approach of changing the team is the best way, when in a position such as Stoke''s.

I wouldn''t want to pay to watch Stoke''s football week in, week out. It''s clearly effective and keeps them in the top flight, but I don''t see how fans can actually enjoy it.Surely the main part of going to watch games is to enjoy the football being played, and if the football on display is bloody awful, you''re paying a lot of money to watch carp.As long as our club remains financially secure, I''d rather be a yo-yo club than play dire football each week in the prem...

Momentum only briefly lost

Our boys will become more focused and any hint of compalency under

lambert, will not happen with a new man in charge

Agree with other posts, we dont want to be stoke

We are better than them and will finish above them, WBA, swansea

wigan, reading, west ham, southampton, qpr and villa