Sign in to follow this  
Allways Look On The Bright Side

Should Mcnally Resign

[quote user=" Grant Hugh"]Nutty in "Board Out" Shocker!!!
[/quote]

Nah. Nutty in "I can''t believe the suits are more important than football" shocker!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user=" Grant Hugh"]Nutty in "Board Out" Shocker!!![/quote]

Nah. Nutty in "I can''t believe the suits are more important than football" shocker!!!

[/quote]

A slightly false dichotomy there, as you can''t be suggesting that "the suits" have no influence on the "football"?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Gotta say this great McNally love in is beyond me too. Not long ago he was quoted as saying he''d fight to keep Paul Lambert but did he? He''s certainly fighting for the compo but what evidence is there of his fight to keep him. He also said he''d fight to keep all the players. Is he fighting to keep Grant Holt? Or is he just fighting to get the maximum fee?

What is it that has suddenly made "the suits" bigger heroes than the players and managers? Is this how detatched from the game many fans have become? When Ron Davies left, whatever the rights and wrongs the player remained a hero and the board villians. Same with Saunders, Bond and I don''t know how manyother  players. Now it seems putting on a suit on matchday makes a bigger hero than the manager''s tracksuit or the No. 9 shirt.

I posted this yesterday and it seems even more  relevant today. Is this the new song for the Barclay next season? : -

He wore a suit against the scum Dave Mac, Dave Mac,

He wore a suit against the scum Dave Mac, Dave Mac,

He wore a suit against the scum and Bowkett wore another one,

Super Dave McNally Norwich Chief Exec.

[:S]

[/quote]

Yes Nigel, but you forgot his lightening return of the ball for the throw in in injury time that led to Holts winner against Reading (I think). Those 2 extra points made all the difference at the end of the season.

We''ve got Davey, Davey McNally in the stands, in the stands.[;)]
[/quote]

I''ll let him have that assist if he gets on with his day job of sorting out the scorers contractual dispute [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user=" Grant Hugh"]Nutty in "Board Out" Shocker!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

A slightly false dichotomy there, as you can''t be suggesting that "the suits" have no influence on the "football"?

[/quote]

Stop bullying me with big words else you''ll be getting a phonecall.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]Soooooooooo..... take away the lucky strike with Lambert and Grant Holt''s goals, what exactly has he done?Answers on a postcard.[/quote]Which is funny, because leading up to now you''ve been more than happy to heap praise on McNally for being a genius and street ahead from the mean bad nasty Delia who''s playing with toys and keeping them to herself (or whatever similar analogy it is you, rather repetitively use...).Untouchable? No Way. But he''s leagues ahead of Doncaster.

We have lost our manager and our captain has handed in a transfer question. You now want the only other main figure of leadership at the club to now depart. Right............................

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]Soooooooooo..... take away the lucky strike with Lambert and Grant Holt''s goals, what exactly has he done?Answers on a postcard.[/quote]Which is funny, because leading up to now you''ve been more than happy to heap praise on McNally for being a genius and street ahead from the mean bad nasty Delia who''s playing with toys and keeping them to herself (or whatever similar analogy it is you, rather repetitively use...).Untouchable? No Way. But he''s leagues ahead of Doncaster.[/quote]Up till now we''ve not had much to judge him on.... so here''s his opportunity. It looks to me like he''s been caught with his pants down over Lambert and completely misread the importance of Grant Holt to the dressing room short term.It remains to be seen just who holds sway at the club but I''d put my money on DS and MWJ slamming down the lid of the money box.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]Soooooooooo..... take away the lucky strike with Lambert and Grant Holt''s goals, what exactly has he done?Answers on a postcard.[/quote]Which is funny, because leading up to now you''ve been more than happy to heap praise on McNally for being a genius and street ahead from the mean bad nasty Delia who''s playing with toys and keeping them to herself (or whatever similar analogy it is you, rather repetitively use...).Untouchable? No Way. But he''s leagues ahead of Doncaster.[/quote]Up till now we''ve not had much to judge him on.... so here''s his opportunity. It looks to me like he''s been caught with his pants down over Lambert and completely misread the importance of Grant Holt to the dressing room short term.It remains to be seen just who holds sway at the club but I''d put my money on DS and MWJ slamming down the lid of the money box.

[/quote]

Feathering the nest for that one last egg, so to speak [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img] I''m prepared to give McNally the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cluck Nose."][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Cluck Nose."]Soooooooooo..... take away the lucky strike with Lambert and Grant Holt''s goals, what exactly has he done?Answers on a postcard.[/quote]Which is funny, because leading up to now you''ve been more than happy to heap praise on McNally for being a genius and street ahead from the mean bad nasty Delia who''s playing with toys and keeping them to herself (or whatever similar analogy it is you, rather repetitively use...).Untouchable? No Way. But he''s leagues ahead of Doncaster.[/quote]Up till now we''ve not had much to judge him on.... so here''s his opportunity. It looks to me like he''s been caught with his pants down over Lambert and completely misread the importance of Grant Holt to the dressing room short term.It remains to be seen just who holds sway at the club but I''d put my money on DS and MWJ slamming down the lid of the money box.

[/quote]

Feathering the nest for that one last egg, so to speak [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img] I''m prepared to give McNally the benefit of the doubt for the time being.[/quote]Agreed... but we shouldn''t allow McNally to become yet another City untouchable.

[quote user="Allways Look On The Bright Side"]After the Lambert and Holt saga i think Mcnally should resign. He promised Holt he would look at his contract at the end of the season but did not now look whats happened and also by not allowing Lambert to talk to Villa has also cost us at least a million pounds.[/quote]

Should he resign? No. He is currently the guardian of the soul and future of Norwich city.

In short-no.

Question shouldn''t even be postulated.

You can''t force someone to stay at a club - "fight to keep them" is good to hear but if Lambert was set upon going that was that and no-one could have done anything to change it.

Hope he''s here for a very long time yet.