Sign in to follow this  
cupiddstunt

From a toon fan re.Houghton

I am a toon fan and registered just to be able to wish you all the best of

luck with Chris.

Well boys and girls it looks like a done deal on the Chris Houghton

front, by all accounts NC have paid 2mil in compo to Brum and you are getting Chris

and his back room.

In my opinion you are getting a good manager who could quite conceivably match

the outgoing one, if you look at his track record yes he is a new manager in

terms of time as the top man but he has gotten results in that time.

At NUFC took a club in turmoil and steadied it, got them back into the

prem and was doing well until his shock dismissal, Took Brum a club that had

just dropped and watched the bulk of their top players jump ship but he took

them on a cup run and into Europe where they had a good run all on a cobbled together

budget squad.

All in all I think you will have a good manager in Chris a quiet gentleman

on the surface but gets things done and is a good man manager, so best of luck for

the coming season you lot and look forward to seeing you all at St James’s in

the coming season.

Thank you! It''s very refreshing to hear such unanimity from our fans, fans of other clubs, and pundits that the new manager is the right choice. I don''t remember that happening before!

Cheers Cupid, your views seem pretty much unanimous amongst Toon fans. Did Hughton have the same backroom team at Newcastle?

Sorry don''t know what that guff is at the top of the post and no idea why it is in bold but there appears to be no way of editing the post once it is up I do appologise.

Other than the Brum supporters, I''ve only read positive things about City in this whole episode, including the signing of CH (as per the OP).  I think the ''other guy'' made a very miscalculated decision but who cares. IHWT [Y]

Hi Nuff,Just

about he and and Calderwood appear to make a good team, and when he left

NUFC I do believe he took most of "his back room with him.  My memory is not the best so don''t quote me.Although

Calderwood did go to Hibs in the SPL he did not fare too well and soon

Joined Chris at Brum, so it looks like he is more of a no.2 that a

manager

Wahoooo !! This is becoming quite exciting.I''m also really pleased that there seems to be quite a bit of good will between Norwich & Newcastle. This is how it should be, I''d like fans of both (all really) teams to be able to mingle before matches at CR or St. James'' in pubs and the like without fear of any trouble.

Always nice to hear positive things from other fans, looking very much like Hughton is going to be a fantastic appointment (the sooner this is official, the better).

The only worry I have now, is he''s being built up a bit too much. Its going to be hard to match our league position from last season (i''m personally expecting all 3 Championship teams to do pretty well, and QPR could easily overtake us if Hughes makes a couple of decent buys (not panic Zamora type buy)). But as always, I will remain optimistic!!!

I think, due to our financial commitments to pay off debts this coming season, 17th should be considered success. I heard on 5Live (or it may have been R Norfolk but it''s generally knwon anyway) that to avoid going into liquidation a few years ago, we had to commit to repay loans once in the Prem. 17th end of this coming season means debt free and planning for an expanded ground. THEN I think we can realistically think about progressing.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us Cupid.

I''ve been to St James''s Park on two occasions and have enjoyed both sets of fans mixing in the pubs before and after the game.

Absolutely a brilliant grpund and City. Mind you I have to admit by dear old Dad was a Geordie!!

"I am a toon fan and registered just to be able to wish you all the best of luck with Chris.

Well boys and girls it looks like a done deal on the Chris Houghton front, by all accounts NC have paid 2mil in compo to Brum and you are getting Chris and his back room.

In my opinion you are getting a good manager who could quite conceivably match the outgoing one, if you look at his track record yes he is a new manager in terms of time as the top man but he has gotten results in that time.

At NUFC took a club in turmoil and steadied it, got them back into the prem and was doing well until his shock dismissal, Took Brum a club that had just dropped and watched the bulk of their top players jump ship but he took them on a cup run and into Europe where they had a good run all on a cobbled together budget squad.

All in all I think you will have a good manager in Chris a quiet gentleman on the surface but gets things done and is a good man manager, so best of luck for the coming season you lot and look forward to seeing you all at St James’s in the coming season."

I''ve read this and I''ve come to the conclusion that this couldn''t have been written by a Geordie - also the poster only has three posts. He must be a BINNER. Mate, can you send us a photo to prove you come form Newcastle.

......only joking mate. It''s a board in joke at the moment. Read the Garcia - new trainer thread for a bit of a laugh.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Good luck for next season and you lot are a top bunch.