Sign in to follow this  
Canary

I can Understand where Grant's coming from.

He scored 17 times this season in all competition, and was on the verge of being picked for England. Here''s why i think he handed in the Request:

1) He''s 31. He has got 2 maybe 3 years in him where he can preform at this level before retiring. Ive heard that the highest paid player in the squad is on £14,000 a week. Grant deserves more than that, and with 2 kids, you can understand why he would want a pay rise, if norwich wont give it to him, then he might as well look elsewhere.

2) the request is a threat to Norwich to offer him the money. Players have done it in the past, worry their clubs into making a quick contract offer for big money.

3) The fact he missed out on the Euro squad clearly displayed that you need to play for a big team to get in the Squad (I know ruddy is there but its different for the GK position, there isnt any one else) Holt might be looking to Everton to progress his international career.

4) He knows something we dont. There has been talk that he has fallen out with club members or that he knows Lambert is going. If he isnt enjoying the club, he has every right to look for a new challenge.

Whatever the case, the yellow army needs to get behind him now more than ever.

Tosh....He has shown a lack of respect to the club in my eyes and no one is bigger than the club no one

Spot on bw. Transfer request wasn''t needed at all.

[quote user="Canary"]He scored 17 times this season in all competition, and was on the verge of being picked for England. Here''s why i think he handed in the Request: 1) He''s 31. He has got 2 maybe 3 years in him where he can preform at this level before retiring. Ive heard that the highest paid player in the squad is on £14,000 a week. Grant deserves more than that, and with 2 kids, you can understand why he would want a pay rise, if norwich wont give it to him, then he might as well look elsewhere. 2) the request is a threat to Norwich to offer him the money. Players have done it in the past, worry their clubs into making a quick contract offer for big money. 3) The fact he missed out on the Euro squad clearly displayed that you need to play for a big team to get in the Squad (I know ruddy is there but its different for the GK position, there isnt any one else) Holt might be looking to Everton to progress his international career. 4) He knows something we dont. There has been talk that he has fallen out with club members or that he knows Lambert is going. If he isnt enjoying the club, he has every right to look for a new challenge. Whatever the case, the yellow army needs to get behind him now more than ever.[/quote]

Says who?

The England squad thing has to be a red herring. Now he''s missed out on the Euro''s squad, that boat has sailed. He''s too old, even if he went  to Man City and scored 20 a season.

[quote user="BW"]Tosh....He has shown a lack of respect to the club in my eyes and no one is bigger than the club no one[/quote]

Tosh the OP makes many valid points

Would you you work for an employer that was paying you a fraction of the employer down the road?

[quote user="G"]Spot on bw. Transfer request wasn''t needed at all.[/quote]

How do you know it wasnt needed

[quote user="Canary"]1) He''s 31. He has got 2 maybe 3 years in him where he can preform at this level before retiring. Ive heard that the highest paid player in the squad is on £14,000 a week. Grant deserves more than that, and with 2 kids, you can understand why he would want a pay rise, if norwich wont give it to him, then he might as well look elsewhere.[/quote]I''m sorry, but £14,000 a week is more than enough to raise two kids.Other than that, all good points.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"][quote user="Canary"]1) He''s 31. He has got 2 maybe 3 years in him where he can preform at this level before retiring. Ive heard that the highest paid player in the squad is on £14,000 a week. Grant deserves more than that, and with 2 kids, you can understand why he would want a pay rise, if norwich wont give it to him, then he might as well look elsewhere.[/quote]I''m sorry, but £14,000 a week is more than enough to raise two kids.Other than that, all good points. [/quote]

Definitely, but when you score 17 goals and then see players like carlton cole in the championship who are on nearly 2x his wage (although thats also based on rumour), you''d be annoyed.