Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

On SSN ticker - solksjaer

Just seen the bit about solksjaer at Villa on the sky sports ticker, it says they are to interview other candidates but aren''t going to name them out of respect for clubs involved.

Is Lambert one of them?

If so is this why Holt has taken this action.

The reason ive posted this is that everyone including the bookies seem to think that the solksjaer deal is a done deal, but this suggests otherwise.

yep, they haven''t even interviewed Lambert but Holt knows it''s a certainty so he is off, which begs the question of why did Villa bother to interview Solksjaer

ps the bookies don''t think anything, they merely adjust the odds to reflect the bets placed ie take ten grand down to your local bookie and place a bet on Holt to be Villas next manager and he will be firm favourite within minutes - that''s how it works

saw this too on the bbc, is a little worrying- did the club come out and say permission wasn''t granted for Villa to talk to Lambert when Villa made the approach a few days ago, i really don''t remember the club categorically saying no. Can someone put my mind at ease?

[quote user="priceyrice"]saw this too on the bbc, is a little worrying- did the club come out and say permission wasn''t granted for Villa to talk to Lambert when Villa made the approach a few days ago, i really don''t remember the club categorically saying no. Can someone put my mind at ease?
[/quote]

I don''t think there was an approach, certainly not one we were made aware of anyway.

If Solksjaer has turned down Villa then it suggests the  club is in a far worse state than first thought, much as with the paupers down the road where nobody wanted to touch them with a barge poleThe signs should have been there when the best they could grab last summer was McLeish

Maybe Holt asked for a transfer to test where Lambert was going to be next season... out right refusal = both to stay?Wishful thinking? yes. probably.