Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Holt new deal to be announced at half time of Drury testimonial?

Can''t see it. It''s not just a normal game - it''s Drurys night. It''d be really unfair to make it about anything else other than Drurys loyalty to our club.

I wish people would stop saying  - "It''s  Drury''s night".    Yes, its a celebration for him - well deserved - but the world doesn''t stop because ''it''s Drury''s night''.   There are few occasions such as tonight where everyone can just enjoy themselves.    Its a celebration/party - whatever you want to call it,  Holt signing a new three year contract would add to the occasion imo - a cause for further celebration -  or maybe there are those who would rather he didn''t sign??     

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I wish people would stop saying  - "It''s  Drury''s night".    Yes, its a celebration for him - well deserved - but the world doesn''t stop because ''it''s Drury''s night''.   There are few occasions such as tonight where everyone can just enjoy themselves.    Its a celebration/party - whatever you want to call it,  Holt signing a new three year contract would add to the occasion imo - a cause for further celebration -  or maybe there are those who would rather he didn''t sign??     

[/quote]Would you rather we went the first half of the game with idiots booing Grant Holt, or get it out of the way before the game so we can all enjoy it?

I know it''s unlikely but maybe they''ll announce all the new deals for players who we need to stay on, and maybe Drury is one of those.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Would you rather we went the first half of the game with idiots booing Grant Holt, or get it out of the way before the game so we can all enjoy it?
[/quote]

The thought that anyone would want to boo Grant Holt, frankly, staggers me - despite recent negotiations.    However, if there are some brainless tw*ts out there you have a point - before the game would be better.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]Would you rather we went the first half of the game with idiots booing Grant Holt, or get it out of the way before the game so we can all enjoy it?[/quote]

The thought that anyone would want to boo Grant Holt, frankly, staggers me - despite recent negotiations.    However, if there are some brainless tw*ts out there you have a point - before the game would be better.  

[/quote]Yes, staggers me too, but it WILL happen unfortunately.

I did wonder when Wilbraham and Whitbread were released if this meant some of the other out of contract players would have their contract renewals announced at tonights game - Drury included.

It''s a hard one to call. If Drury isn''t one of the players to be having his contract renewed it would be a rather harsh send off to watch other players being clapped and cheered when you stand and watch knowing that this is the last time you will don the Yellow and Green.

Have any other testimonial matches, Norwich or otherwise, announced new deals for other players? I think the Holt situation has taken over far more than it should have done already.Can''t say I''ve heard of it before.It is a night to celebrate Drury''s commitment to the club.

Adam Drury just said he doesn''t if he''s playing from the start, maybe for 10 minutes, or not at all, Lambert hasn''t told anyone.

Also Drury said he still doesn''t know if it''s his last game for us or not.