Sign in to follow this  
Alextheawayfan

Surman, Pick A Man, Surman, Surman Pick A Man!

Surman despite his goals this season needs to pick up his man when tracking back. First Giggs now Formica. Basic fundamentals are being ignored. Less we forget he is a professional footballer neglecting the simplest of duties a Sunday league player could manage. Not good enough. Fuming!

From what I have seen of Surman so far this season is that he works as hard as any other player and does track.

But when we play a diamond if the oppo switch the ball quickly they will catch us short for width. This means the wider men in the diamond will often look as if they are trying to make up for lost ground because essentially they are.

We are much better ballanced with width imho.

For the fist goal he had time to cover put pointed out to his right with his hand for someone to fill the gap, there was no one there, he was that man!

Points to cover in the situation were back post then penalty spot.

H

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]For the fist goal he had time to cover put pointed out to his right with his hand for someone to fill the gap, there was no one there, he was that man! Points to cover in the situation were back post then penalty spot. H[/quote]

I don''t think he had time to cover the left.   He had already made up his mind to cover the centre.  By the time he and Drury - who had already gone to the centre to cover the middle - realised the problem,  it was too late!       Some defensive work needed for next season as this has happened afew times.   Its probably something to do with the different systems we play that we are sometimes caught out.  

Also the players will be a little jaded at this time of the season, having achieved so much - it only needs to be a slight relaxing of attitude to cause problems.  Especially when you are playing teams that are fighting for survival and going for championships.  

Whenever I watch any of the games on the dodgy streams, at HT it shows who as covered the most ground, do you know who it always is...................................Yes, Andrew Surman

[quote user="CDMullins"]Whenever I watch any of the games on the dodgy streams, at HT it shows who as covered the most ground, do you know who it always is...................................Yes, Andrew Surman[/quote]Nah, He''s too Lazy (!) [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]For the fist goal he had time to cover put pointed out to his right with his hand for someone to fill the gap, there was no one there, he was that man! Points to cover in the situation were back post then penalty spot. H[/quote]

I don''t think he had time to cover the left.   He had already made up his mind to cover the centre.  By the time he and Drury - who had already gone to the centre to cover the middle - realised the problem,  it was too late!       Some defensive work needed for next season as this has happened afew times.   Its probably something to do with the different systems we play that we are sometimes caught out.  

Also the players will be a little jaded at this time of the season, having achieved so much - it only needs to be a slight relaxing of attitude to cause problems.  Especially when you are playing teams that are fighting for survival and going for championships.  

With Culverhouse as coach I am suprised our defence is so open at times, he was a cultured full back. Personally I would like our defence to tighten up considerably.

[/quote]

[quote user="Alextheawayfan"]Surman despite his goals this season needs to pick up his man when tracking back. First Giggs now Formica. Basic fundamentals are being ignored. Less we forget he is a professional footballer neglecting the simplest of duties a Sunday league player could manage. Not good enough. Fuming![/quote]It''s LEST we forget. "Lest" meaning "with the intention of preventing" and is used in the subjunctive mood, which is quite rare.Carry on.

Drury explained what happened on Goals On Sunday this morning. Formica was Surman''s, but Surman spotted an arriving midfielder who was central on the edge of the box and told Drury to pick Formica up so he could take care of the midfielder. Unfortunately this happened at the exact moment that ball was rolled back to Pedersen and there wasn''t time for Drury to drop on to Formica. Of course the great cross and great finish didn''t help either.