Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Please Mr McNally, sir. On the subject of gazumping....

Having gazumped Swansea in the Ryan Bennett affair, I think that a lot of us would rise to our feet in royal acclamation if you could organize to do the same with a 22 year old Icelandic treasure by the name of Gylfi Siggurdsson currently on loan to Swansea from his German club.............

Scout Bly has now seen him 4 times and reckons that Lambo would do cartwheels in the centre circle at Carrow Road if you could.

Leaving it in your capable hands.

OTBC

I’d love Siggurdson to play at Carrow Road, but in transfer fee and wages alone it’s more than likely he’ll cost a much richer club than City considerably more than the bill to rebuild the City Stand for his services.

Keep on dreaming.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]I’d love Siggurdson to play at Carrow Road, but in transfer fee and wages alone it’s more than likely he’ll cost a much richer club than City considerably more than the bill to rebuild the City Stand for his services. Keep on dreaming.[/quote]

Yeah, his performances for Swansea since joining cannot be doing them any favours in trying to sign him for next season.  I am sure there are bigger clubs sitting up and taking notice who can pay a bigger transfer fee and lots more in wages, unless they have some kind of pre-arrangement to sign him first refusal if they so wish?

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Scout Bly has now seen him 4 times

[/quote]

From the stands or on the telly? [*-)]

[/quote]

Does it really matter? We get lots and lots of lovely close-ups and replays on TV where I am.

Better than being squeezed up in the gods, I''d say.

[C]

OTBC

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I''ve been to about 14 away games this season and I''ve had a brilliant view at all of them....

Do you honestly think it''s better to watch games on t.v than actually being there?

Weirdo.
[/quote]

That was not the point. And you know it.

Which makes you _____________________.  [+o(]

Did you go to The Sports Direct Arena or Old Trafford?

OTBC

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I''ve been to about 14 away games this season and I''ve had a brilliant view at all of them....

Do you honestly think it''s better to watch games on t.v than actually being there?

Weirdo.
[/quote]

That was not the point. And you know it.

Which makes you _____________________.  [+o(]

Did you go to The Sports Direct Arena or Old Trafford?

OTBC

[quote user="First Wazzock AKA Dr Vinyl"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Scout Bly has now seen him 4 times

[/quote]

From the stands or on the telly? [*-)]

[/quote]Are you suggesting Bly has to go to 4 Swansea games in order to have an opinion?A bit of a stretch for any Norwich supporter I''d think.

he went to Swansea cos he wanted to work with Brendan Rodgers again. If he is going to come to the Premier League it will either be for Swansea or a better team, not someone like Norwich

"Does it really matter? We get lots and lots of lovely close-ups and replays on TV where I am.

Better than being squeezed up in the gods, I''d say."

By that esimation, the 26,000 who turn up at Carrow R. whenever we''re on Sky must all be brainless then.

Shame there''s no panoramic overview of the pitch on TV, with the camera pretty much following the ball. Means you miss virtually all the off-the-ball play, which is about three quarters of the game.

So not even as good as a corporate box, which most fans would not be remotely interested in.

[quote user="Lambert is god"]"Does it really matter? We get lots and lots of lovely close-ups and replays on TV where I am.

Better than being squeezed up in the gods, I''d say."

By that esimation, the 26,000 who turn up at Carrow R. whenever we''re on Sky must all be brainless then.

Shame there''s no panoramic overview of the pitch on TV, with the camera pretty much following the ball. Means you miss virtually all the off-the-ball play, which is about three quarters of the game.

So not even as good as a corporate box, which most fans would not be remotely interested in.

[/quote]

That''s not the point, again. And you know it.

I am not currently resident in the UK. And you know it.

Now why don''t you give an opinion on Sigurrdson instead of making silly points?

Still, one love. I guess.

OTBC 

"I am not currently resident in the UK. And you know it."

Actually I didn''t, and am not sure why you think I should. Lambert is the omniscient one, not me.

On the point you raise, Siggurdson is a good player, and anyone with a TV can see that.

He''s out of our league, given that he must be on the radar of a lot of the bigger clubs, and so won''t come here (sorry go there, in your case).

I thought he was returning to his club and likely to stay there next season. In any event I don''t think he will be going back to Barcelona.... sorry I mean Swansea.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I thought he was returning to his club and likely to stay there next season. In any event I don''t think he will be going back to Barcelona.... sorry I mean Swansea.[/quote]

[:D]

But nothing ventured, nothing gained I reckon.

BTW, anyone know why his German club let him out on loan to Barcelona........sorry, I mean Swansea?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I thought he was returning to his club and likely to stay there next season. In any event I don''t think he will be going back to Barcelona.... sorry I mean Swansea.[/quote]

BTW, anyone know why his German club let him out on loan to Barcelona........sorry, I mean Swansea?

OTBC

[/quote]"On the 25th May 2011 Gylfi was voted as 1899 Hoffenheim''s fans'' player

of the season, despite only starting 13 games. He finished the season

with 10 goals and 2 assists. Unfortunately, during the first half of

2011-12 season, he fell down to the pecking order, making just 7 league

appearances and was linked with a move away from the club."

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]
"On the 25th May 2011 Gylfi was voted as 1899 Hoffenheim''s fans'' player of the season, despite only starting 13 games. He finished the season with 10 goals and 2 assists. Unfortunately, during the first half of 2011-12 season, he fell down to the pecking order, making just 7 league appearances and was linked with a move away from the club."
[/quote]

OK, that''s a rather dramatic reversal in form. I wonder why?

OTBC