Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Boo boys today- you are a disgrace

[quote user="lake district canary"]Every time I mention this subject I get shouted down.  But here I go again.

Anyone who thinks it is ok to boo our team should be ejected from the ground. I have been at games this season where it has happened - so don''t accuse me of  not seeing it for myself.    This childish activity is occuring more in  football and needs to be sorted out by reasonable fans - make life difficult for the booers by shouting them down.   Booing should be reserved for referees and the opposition if they do something to deserve it.   Booing your own team is only acceptable if they are not trying or not being successful. Neither of those criteria applies to us or has done in the last three years - since the 1-7.  

Booing is the most derogatory thing you can do to anyone - it is unhelpful and negative if you do it to your own team in anything other than dire circumstances.

If you are one of these children who has booed your own team/player/manager in the last two and a half seasons - 1.  You don''t deserve to be a Norwich fan.2.  You should be ejected from the ground3.  You should be named and shamed4.  Your season ticket should be revoked (if you have one)5.  You should be suspended from Carrow Rd until you have been proven to have done some research into how to support your football club.

A successful football clubs need supporters of all kinds who support in all ways - criticising as well as cheering - but booing?

No.

Think before you boo!  

[/quote]This is exactly how Nazi Germany started.

Who is the beloved Fuhrer of the Pinkun though Chopsy?

I havent a problem with people booing if the performance is bad - and over the years Ive seen some shockers - but yesterday wasnt bad - just not particularly good.

In response to some of the earlier posts, where we have come from IS relevant - OK not maybe the League 1 bit but we are a newly promoted side playing an established Prem side. Just because the established Prem side are bottom does NOT give us an automatic right to beat them - lets face it the current league leaders lost AT HOME to a team who were either bottom or near bottom at the time (Blackburn). It happens - there are no properly abysmal sides in this league aside from Wolves and perhaps QP Are Relegated. If we lose heavily at home to the faded yellow (Wolves) then I can understand peoples frustration but not a draw at home to Wigan

I once booed at the Nou Camp after Barcelona drew 0-0 with Villareal.  Barca had Ronaldinho on their side at the time at the height of his powers, but he did more in the warm up than in the match.  I think there was one shot on target all game.  Anyway it was a sterile game, my mates and I were on a stag weekend and had paid a fair whack to be entertained, and I thought we hadn''t been.  However after I let out this loud boo, approximately 80,000 fans fell silent and turned as one to stare at me - perhaps the scariest moment in my life.  Then they turned back to the pitch and waved their white hankies - to show their satisfaction and support of Barca.  I''d still do it again though!

Great night in town after mind.  The same weekend that we beat Burnley 4-3 at Turf Moor in our promtion year in 2004.  Nearly got beaten up in a bar by two very neanderthal-ish Burnley fans as I cheered and celebrated the result on the bar TV.  I''d still do it again though!

On MOTD Gary Lineker described Norwich vs Wigan as ''a belter!''. Having left the game feeling disappointed I thought he was sarcastically poking fun at us; I never heard any boos from my postion in the Upper Barclay although I can understand why some might want to. It was a frustrating game - and one we should have won. We''ve unnecessarily donated 4 points to Wigan this season in my opinion...

[quote user="shefcanary"]

I once booed at the Nou Camp after Barcelona drew 0-0 with Villareal.  Barca had Ronaldinho on their side at the time at the height of his powers, but he did more in the warm up than in the match.  I think there was one shot on target all game.  Anyway it was a sterile game, my mates and I were on a stag weekend and had paid a fair whack to be entertained, and I thought we hadn''t been.  However after I let out this loud boo, approximately 80,000 fans fell silent and turned as one to stare at me - perhaps the scariest moment in my life.  Then they turned back to the pitch and waved their white hankies - to show their satisfaction and support of Barca.  I''d still do it again though!

Great night in town after mind.  The same weekend that we beat Burnley 4-3 at Turf Moor in our promtion year in 2004.  Nearly got beaten up in a bar by two very neanderthal-ish Burnley fans as I cheered and celebrated the result on the bar TV.  I''d still do it again though!

[/quote]

The white hanky waving can be the Spanish equivalent of booing,if the game was particularly poor.

How have we donated 4 points to Wigan NM? They have had 2 points from the 2 games - same as us. The point at the DW was certainly deserved, the point yesterday less so, but at least we havent lost to them

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]On MOTD Gary Lineker described Norwich vs Wigan as ''a belter!''. Having left the game feeling disappointed I thought he was sarcastically poking fun at us; I never heard any boos from my postion in the Upper Barclay although I can understand why some might want to. It was a frustrating game - and one we should have won. We''ve unnecessarily donated 4 points to Wigan this season in my opinion...[/quote]

Just in case you missed it, you get one point for a draw.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]On MOTD Gary Lineker described Norwich vs Wigan as ''a belter!''. Having left the game feeling disappointed I thought he was sarcastically poking fun at us; I never heard any boos from my postion in the Upper Barclay although I can understand why some might want to. It was a frustrating game - and one we should have won. ......[/quote]Yes I was surprised by that.....All three pundits said it was the best of the three games on the programme that night and the other games featured the League''s top two !! Walking out of the ground after the game I thought how bad it must have looked on live TV.I suppose wearing yellow and green specs doesn''t help although no doubt a few minutes condensed hightlights always look more exciting when you''re a neutral. Some on here who were at the game have said how good it was and I suppose there were plenty of goalmouth incidents. The '' downer '' for me was that there just weren''t enough around the Wigan goal........